Morning Slug Lines
 Manassas (234) to RT66 (Rosslyn)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cholli73

6 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  10:06:01  Show Profile
I was wondering if their was a slug line to ride Rt.66 into Washington? I live in Manassas and mostly slug out of Horner Rd., but if there was a way to pick up someone so I could take Rt. 66 into to work?

amnib
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  20:50:37  Show Profile
I'm experiencing the same problems. I live in Manassas and I've looked for riders at Starbucks and at the bus lot behind Toys R Us, but I haven't had any luck. Please let me know if there is another place to pick up someone.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

1171 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  21:12:59  Show Profile
Yeah, without the barriers to prevent HOV violators, I66 just has not attracted slugging like is has for I95. We have tried to encourage develop slugging from Manassas but just have not got it going. With the continued growth in Manassas and the increasing congestion along I66 I'm confident that slugging will start at some point...
Go to Top of Page

cholli73

6 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  10:40:20  Show Profile
Well I'm ready to start up something to bring slugging back to Manassas. I have to go travel 15 to 20 minutes to get to the slug lines in Woodbridge and wait another 15 to 20 mins for two sluggers, just to travel 30 more mintnues to get to Rosslyn! That's the price I pay for a stress free ride to work (yeah right). I can travel to Rosslyn in the same time span, but with triple the stress of traffic on Rt 66. Now if I could ride the HOV, it would be less stress and less time, both ways. I think that Manassas Mall has a great parking lot area between the stores "Target" and "Sears" close to the street. Buses pick up there and I've never seen the parking fill up area. By the time I realized we had a slug line at Starbucks, it shut down. Anyone would like to help me start this new spot up?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page