Page: of 2

billybaru

36 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  16:24:33  Show Profile

SB 209 HOV lanes; extends sunset provision on use by vehicles with clean
special fuel license plates.

SUMMARY: HOV lanes; use by vehicle with clean special fuel
license plates. Extends until July 1, 2013, the sunset
on use of high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes by vehicles bearing clean special fuel license plates,
regardless of the number of occupants.

I am against this proposal. All vehicles using 395 HOV lanes should be three +
occupant regardless of their clean fuel plates. The effort would take two
additonal cars off of the HOV lanes. Reducing traffic should be one goal and promotng carpooling should be the other goal. This extension does not accomplish either.

RetiredMarine
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  09:22:47  Show Profile
Write your delegate
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  15:49:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by billybaru

SB 209 HOV lanes; extends sunset provision on use by vehicles with clean
special fuel license plates.
[...]
I am against this proposal. All vehicles using 395 HOV lanes should be three + occupant regardless of their clean fuel plates. The effort would take two additonal cars off of the HOV lanes. Reducing traffic should be one goal and promotng carpooling should be the other goal. This extension does not accomplish either.

A better proposal would be to eliminate all but buses. That would take 13+ cars off the express lanes during peak commuting hours. Why the half measure?
Go to Top of Page

smithma
Average Member

63 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  19:06:09  Show Profile

[/quote]
A better proposal would be to eliminate all but buses. That would take 13+ cars off the express lanes during peak commuting hours. Why the half measure?
[/quote]

Dude - give it a break. When and your SOV Hybrid gets out of the HOV it will be a better place. Your hybrid gets 35mpg/person on the highway. My car with 3 people gets 65mpg/person on the hwy.
Go to Top of Page

scottt

415 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  12:09:03  Show Profile
Can we please STOP POKING THE TROLL?
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  12:26:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smithma

[/quote]

Dude - give it a break. When and your SOV Hybrid gets out of the HOV it will be a better place. Your hybrid gets 35mpg/person on the highway. My car with 3 people gets 65mpg/person on the hwy.
[/quote]
My hybrid gets an average of 40 mpg ALL THE TIME. You only get 65mgg/person when you have 3 people in it. Do you ever have less than 3 people in it?

What about the polution factor. According to and article in the Post, you need to be HOV-5 to match. Does your car take 5 people 100% of the time?

When you and your fellow polluters and gas guzzelers get hybrids, then - and only then - will the express lanes during peak commuting hours be a better place
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  12:28:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by scottt

Can we please STOP POKING THE TROLL?

Hey scottt!
Back in the day you wanted to debate the cost effectiveness of a hybrid. You insisted that the battery would fail and it would be hard to make payback. I think I had 70K miles back then and had already broken even. Now I'm at 150K miles and on the same battery. How's that crow taste?
Go to Top of Page

scottt

415 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  11:59:11  Show Profile
Sorry, following my own advice.
Go to Top of Page

RetiredMarine
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  07:56:00  Show Profile
Just looking forward to the HOT lanes so the Hybrids will either pick up or pay.
Go to Top of Page

Jody
Advanced Member

347 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  10:47:49  Show Profile
In the 12 years they've been given the HOV exemption, I've never seen one hybrid driver pick up at the Circuit City lot in Springfield or the 19th St. slug line. I don't plan to take a ride from them and I hope other riders think twice about giving them a quick (and free) commute into DC.
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  08:34:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by scottt

Sorry, following my own advice.

Ah..so you LIKE crow!
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  08:35:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jody

In the 12 years they've been given the HOV exemption, I've never seen one hybrid driver pick up at the Circuit City lot in Springfield or the 19th St. slug line. I don't plan to take a ride from them and I hope other riders think twice about giving them a quick (and free) commute into DC.

Jody,
How many hybrids do you see PARKED at the Circuit City lot? Makes you think...
Go to Top of Page

RetiredMarine
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  11:39:55  Show Profile
Can't speak to the Circuit City lot, but the 610 lot in Stafford has at least 20 a day.
Go to Top of Page

Jody
Advanced Member

347 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  12:59:58  Show Profile
To NOSUV -- I haven't seen any at the Springfield Plaza lot where I park nor have I seen any parked at the front of the Circuit City lot where the lines are for 14th St or Memorial Bridge.
Go to Top of Page

ETC
Average Member

68 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  13:20:43  Show Profile
I've seen one in the Springfield Plaza lot -- a light blue one. Took me by surprise because it had a CF plate.
Go to Top of Page

HOVME

20 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  08:27:53  Show Profile
HOT lanes will stop just north of Springfield and the VA General Assembly has overwhelmingly passed SB 209, with an amendement to strike the expiration date, so don't hold your breath.

HOVME

Edited by - HOVME on 03/03/2012 08:40:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page