Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radar Detectors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 7:33am
Besides, if you're not doing 80, then you'd better edit your 11 Aug 05, 09:01 and 10:24 posts Dahcim.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 7:39am
Seems reasonable to go as fast as the traffic will permit, of course, be prepared for the consequences. Would also seem that if one is actually "doing 80" then they should not have to ever tap brakes or weave in/out of traffic to maintain that speed.

I drive the HOV at the same times mentioned and can't see how people could REASONABLY do 80. Reasonably, as defined by me (I'm a distant relative of Webster), means no impedence to the flow, thus there is NO requirement to hit the brakes or change lanes at all while in the HOV. The only time I think I've seen the HOV that clear is when the VDOT trucks are doing their final spin up the lanes to ensure they're ready to be opened/reversed.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 8:43am
quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]What are you talking about? You were the one who mentioned 80 not being serious

Someone needs to take some reading comprehension classes. He didn't say going 80 is nothing serious. He said that he usually doesn't have problems going 80 most of the way home. He also said that sometimes the traffic jams up a little, but nothing serious. "Nothing serious" is referring to the times when he has to slow down...not driving 80. He didn't write in hieroglyphics or some other cryptic language. It was pretty straight forward and easy to understand if you take the 1 second it takes to actually comprehend a sentence.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 9:12am
quote:
Originally posted by KCWolfPck
[br]
quote:
[br]What are you talking about? You were the one who mentioned 80 not being serious

Someone needs to take some reading comprehension classes. He didn't say going 80 is nothing serious. He said that he usually doesn't have problems going 80 most of the way home. He also said that sometimes the traffic jams up a little, but nothing serious. "Nothing serious" is referring to the times when he has to slow down...not driving 80. He didn't write in hieroglyphics or some other cryptic language. It was pretty straight forward and easy to understand if you take the 1 second it takes to actually comprehend a sentence.

Anything about this speeding issue is serious, weather it's the speeding or the association with it. You can defend the comments any way you want, I'm not going to debate the issue any long because I know the consequences.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 10:01am
quote:
[br]

Anything about this speeding issue is serious, weather it's the speeding or the association with it.

The whole point of my post was that Dhacim NEVER SAID THAT SPEEDING WASN'T SERIOUS. He was talking about the slowdowns not being serious. Like I said...maybe some comprehension classes would do you well. Jeez....
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 11:06am
THX KC...... VaBigBlue aka McGruff the crime dog got all over me about this same topic last year. And yes I was saying that the slowdowns were nothing serious. At least one of you can read.

Have a good one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic