Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another New Slug Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 1:39pm
My teenage son worked in DC last summer. He had a ride most of the time, but on occasion he didn't. For the life of me, I could not talk him into slugging. He still finds it hard to believe I do it. I even offered to go along with him one day so he could see how easy and safe it really is. His response: "No way Mom!!" So if parents can get their kids to slug, then I hope the drivers have no problem picking them up!!
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 2:51pm
THanks for the responses. As for USA, I think that if you treat the child in the front seat as a viable passenger you should feel annoyed sitting in back seat (as long as it's clean[:D]).

I'm a hybrid owner and do plan to commute HOV-3 after the summer. Hey, I totally accept knowing the exemption will be over shortly and do my part.

I last filled my tank before Mother's Day and man, the prices climbed! Shock! That's the down side to not filling your tank as often -- sticker shock when the prices rise in 2 weeks.[xx(]
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 3:12pm
VA Slugger-the daughter seemed a little nervous. But I started talking to the dad and then the daughter piped in a few questions about the slugging thing (questions about the driver's perspective, I think dad was mainly a passenger). She seemed to relax as te trip went on and I felt pretty good because she got out of the car looking slightly more educated. It was pretty cool. I would have no problem transporting kids. Even little ones as long as their parent was with them. That may seem like a "no DUH" statement, but you never know!!
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2004 at 10:27am
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]So I'm curious......if a driver pulls up and has his kid in the front seat (assuming the kid is big enough--let's say a teenager--or assuming the car doesn't have air bags to endanger the kid), how many sluggers would be offended at having to ride in the back seat in favor of someone's kid?

I'm just curious, I don't have kids.

No offense here. I prefer to sit in the back, provided the front seat is not pushed all the way to the rear and then leaned back. That has happened twice when I rode with a parent-"child" (interpret "child" as sullen teen) duo. But the lack of rear leg room is another topic.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2004 at 2:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by JiggaJynx
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]So I'm curious......if a driver pulls up and has his kid in the front seat (assuming the kid is big enough--let's say a teenager--or assuming the car doesn't have air bags to endanger the kid), how many sluggers would be offended at having to ride in the back seat in favor of someone's kid?

No offense here. I prefer to sit in the back, provided the front seat is not pushed all the way to the rear and then leaned back. That has happened twice when I rode with a parent-"child" (interpret "child" as sullen teen) duo. But the lack of rear leg room is another topic.

I'm with you on this one. I prefer the back seat too. There is usually more room (depending on the vehicle) and you not as likely to get involved in a conversation with a really talkative driver (another topic entirely).
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2004 at 4:14pm
quote:
Originally posted by USA

Oh no! It doesn't matter. Get in and ride. If it's the driver's kid, then there is nothing left to say or do. I wouldn't feel offended at all.[:o)]
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2004 at 9:52am
I'm with vabig and tlschau: get in and ride. Not sure why anyone would be offended.

Cheers,

Glacier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic