Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Cheaters Got It GOOD Today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 11:07am
They should be out there like this for a week or 10 days. The number of violators would decrease then. It was great to see them pulled over, wondering what would happen next!
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 11:28am
Loved the big sign as you come off the entrance ramp after Old Keene Mill. "Caution! HOV enforcement ahead." You could just picture the violators getting on the ramp with no way off, seeing the sign and saying to themselves, "Uh oh!"
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 12:00pm
[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] I just can't stop smiling about the HOV enforement this morning. [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] Man wasn't it great!

Have a Great Slugging Day!
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 12:21pm
It was great to see the HOV enforcement this morning but I cannot conceive why people slam the break pedal when they see a police car. Especially, when they have pulled a cheater over. There's no reason for doing that. You only cause gridlocks.
gj View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:57pm
I have to agree with emancilla. Although it was nice to see the enforcement, that fact that everyone had to stop and look took away from the enjoyment. Come on everyone, stop the rubber necking!

gj
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 8:01am
Operation "Three to Ride" evidently netted over 100 tickets in just three hours yesterday...

- Will
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 11:19am
I was in the local lanes laughing my arse off at the violators, especially the guy in a Corvette just south of the Pentagon (I mean, come on, what a moron, it's a two-seater non-hybrid), but I wanted to get out and smack all the people in the local lanes who slowed to a crawl to watch. The idiot next to me at King Street was just STARING at the cop standing outside his car. You know, I can certainly understand the people in the express lanes slowing down--the cop is in the express lanes. But if you're not in the express lanes, why do you need to slow down? It's not like the cop can very easily cut through the guardrail to give you a speeding ticket, even where there is a gap. I've seen a cop do that once, but it was on a weekend. At rush hour there's no way.

I wish they would turn off their blue lights once they've pulled someone over and switch to the hazards instead, but that will never happen. They say it's "not safe."
DaVetsAtHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 2:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]I was in the local lanes laughing my arse off at the violators, especially the guy in a Corvette just south of the Pentagon --

I add: Duh? Guess he doesn't know to save it for the weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic