Print Page | Close Window

HOV Cheaters Got It GOOD Today

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1652
Printed Date: 05 Oct 2024 at 7:03pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: HOV Cheaters Got It GOOD Today
Posted By: Subaru
Subject: HOV Cheaters Got It GOOD Today
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:53am
I liked the part best where the silver mercedes got pulled over twice. There must have been 10 - 15 state troopers just picking them off. A cheater went by one trooper and thought he got away, next thing I know the trooper is behind us and flying down the lane and gets him. There must have been 3 troopers each side of the highway just after mixing bowl picking them off and then MANY more up ahead.

-Rob

Replies:
Posted By: sbouncer
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:57am
Absolutely the best thing I have ever seen from the Virginia State Police today, they were just picking off the cheaters one by one, they need to do a little more of this....Keep up the good work guys!

Pat

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:04am
Yes ... made us really proud to see our law enforcement officers aggressively enforcing the law today. [^]
How many of those cheaters who received tickets today will pick up slugs tomorrow[?] If the troopers can repeat today's 'cheater sweep' a couple of times a week and also do it in the afternoon, I think we'd see less congested HOV lanes pronto. Now let's all enjoy this sunny spring day. [:D]

Keep on sluggin'! [8D]

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:07am
I enjoyed seeing the "cheater sweep" go down. Kudos to all the troopers today. Would love to see the $$ made today from tickets. This doesnt even have to be a weekely thing. Once a month would let people know that if your thinking about cheating, you never know when we'll be out in force. What a great spring morning it is.

Posted By: salsita
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 8:17am
Yesterday on the way home there were out too. At the end of HOV yesterday, they were pulling over, there was even a hybrid....

Posted By: qorc
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 8:41am
what they were doing was much more effective than posting themselves at exits - like the one at 234 yesterday evening.

People could SEE their flashing lights at the exit. I saw 2 cheaters swerve OFF the exit and back on to HOV.

And the cheaters KNOW about the standard one at I believe the Rt. 1 exit in the evening.

Getting out there in big numbers and pulling them all over somewhere in the middle would seem to be the best deterrent.

Posted By: Bob
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:04am
And if they convert to HOT they will no longer be able to do enforcement anywhere except the entrances becuase they have no way of knowing if a single paid legitimately. They couldn't even enforce on the off ramps....

Posted By: qorc
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:12am
good point. how will that work?

Posted By: ScarletLSG
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:16am
Think they really care about HOV enforcement ... or just end of the month numbers???

I think it is GREAT they were pulling people over, but have noticed that these big "enforcement days" are near the end of the months.

ScarletLSG

Posted By: Bob
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:17am
They will have to heavily rely on video cameras, although I imagine they would have cops there in many cases. Problem with video is that all of our great slug drivers would start getting tickets in the mail because you cannot see the back seat. Won't take too many $100 tickets in the mail to kill slugging.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 11:07am
They should be out there like this for a week or 10 days. The number of violators would decrease then. It was great to see them pulled over, wondering what would happen next!

Posted By: beachhead
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 11:28am
Loved the big sign as you come off the entrance ramp after Old Keene Mill. "Caution! HOV enforcement ahead." You could just picture the violators getting on the ramp with no way off, seeing the sign and saying to themselves, "Uh oh!"

Posted By: VA_Slugger
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 12:00pm
[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] I just can't stop smiling about the HOV enforement this morning. [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] Man wasn't it great!

Have a Great Slugging Day!

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 12:21pm
It was great to see the HOV enforcement this morning but I cannot conceive why people slam the break pedal when they see a police car. Especially, when they have pulled a cheater over. There's no reason for doing that. You only cause gridlocks.

Posted By: gj
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:57pm
I have to agree with emancilla. Although it was nice to see the enforcement, that fact that everyone had to stop and look took away from the enjoyment. Come on everyone, stop the rubber necking!

gj

Posted By: wdossel
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 8:01am
Operation "Three to Ride" evidently netted over 100 tickets in just three hours yesterday...

- Will

Posted By: USA
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 11:19am
I was in the local lanes laughing my arse off at the violators, especially the guy in a Corvette just south of the Pentagon (I mean, come on, what a moron, it's a two-seater non-hybrid), but I wanted to get out and smack all the people in the local lanes who slowed to a crawl to watch. The idiot next to me at King Street was just STARING at the cop standing outside his car. You know, I can certainly understand the people in the express lanes slowing down--the cop is in the express lanes. But if you're not in the express lanes, why do you need to slow down? It's not like the cop can very easily cut through the guardrail to give you a speeding ticket, even where there is a gap. I've seen a cop do that once, but it was on a weekend. At rush hour there's no way.

I wish they would turn off their blue lights once they've pulled someone over and switch to the hazards instead, but that will never happen. They say it's "not safe."

Posted By: DaVetsAtHome
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 2:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]I was in the local lanes laughing my arse off at the violators, especially the guy in a Corvette just south of the Pentagon --

I add: Duh? Guess he doesn't know to save it for the weekend.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net