Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another New Slug Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another New Slug Question
    Posted: 14 May 2004 at 2:52pm
Would you mind if my daughter who attends a school near my work rides in the AM/PM? I know some people have problems with children but if they don't blast music, scream etc. and are generally polite....
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2004 at 3:07pm
I wouldn't mind at all. It's wonderful that you are setting the example that ridesharing is better than driving solo. She'll certainly notice that the "regular lanes" are not getting anywhere fast (at least most of the time and by comparison). Good for you!
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2004 at 3:50pm
Stuck2 - If you're a driver, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm a slug and there have been several times I've ridden with the driver's child (normally, the child is in back in a child's sit and I'm up front).

However, if you're a slug and she will be slugging with you, it may be a problem IF she still needs to ride in a car seat. If she doesn't, I don't see any problem. I've seen several twosomes that slug together.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2004 at 4:42pm
I wouldn't mind, either.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2004 at 12:14pm
I think it's great! I think kids are a heck of a lot more interesting and fun to be around than adults, so I would be more than happy to ride with you.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2004 at 2:13pm
I actually had a father/daughter combo once. I think it was "take your child to work" day or something. It was kinda cool. Poor thing looked really nervous too. Hee-hee.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2004 at 2:21pm
Mirangus, was is the father or the child who looked nervous [8)] [:D] [8)]
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2004 at 5:01pm
Stuck,

You shouldn't have to ask. Don't remember seeing children being verboten in the etiquette section. Also, when were children deemed 2nd class citizens? I bet your child is probably better behaved that more than a few adult slugs.

It's pretty simple, if slugs are bothered they can hit the next car. If the driver minds, not sure why they would, you hit the next car. Either way you can spend the drive educating your child about ignorant people.

Cheers,

Glacier
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 8:46am
I've seen several parent/child combos slugging. I think its probably more common during summer months when some kids have interships or summer jobs in the vicinity of their parents. I've never heard or seen any driver turn down a child. I agree, it's great to see kids taking on responsibility nowadays, especially slugging, working etc.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 1:02pm
So I'm curious......if a driver pulls up and has his kid in the front seat (assuming the kid is big enough--let's say a teenager--or assuming the car doesn't have air bags to endanger the kid), how many sluggers would be offended at having to ride in the back seat in favor of someone's kid?

I'm just curious, I don't have kids.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic