Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt 17 heads up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2003 at 10:37am
I also have waited outside the line at times. However it is because I am riding with a close friend and she picks me up before the slug line. Dont want to make anyone mad, just ride with the person that lives near my house and get into the car before she gets to the slug pick up point.
RM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2003 at 11:45am
I'm glad to hear the other side of situations. It a good reminder that things are not always as we perceive them.
kwright View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2003 at 12:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by SpotsyDriver
[br]Just a heads up to any drivers who pick up Rt 17 riders in the afternoon at the Pentagon. I have been caught off guard twice so far by a gentleman who does not stand in the slug line ...he waits in the wings (out of sight) ...and as you pull up ...he quickly appears and gets in. The problem is that he is very large ...and cannot negotiate the seat belt. I did not appreciate the tactic he uses ...and short of being rude and asking him to get out of the car ...I gave him the ride. In the future ...I think I will avoid the Rt 17 line ...and opt for the Rt 610 or Rt 630 riders.

kwright View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2003 at 12:14pm
I have been caugt off guard twice as well by this gentleman. He is nice, but the first time he got in my front seat, he did not buckle the seat belt, but he was so big, I could not see out my side mirror and he could barely get out of my SUV. The second time he got in the back seat, again, he had a hard time getting out. I do not want to be rude, but I really do not want to pick him up, can I deny him a ride, even though he is the first in line? I feel uncomfortable because he cannot put a seat belt on and he blocks my view of traffic. New slug driver
quote:
Originally posted by kwright
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by SpotsyDriver
[br]Just a heads up to any drivers who pick up Rt 17 riders in the afternoon at the Pentagon. I have been caught off guard twice so far by a gentleman who does not stand in the slug line ...he waits in the wings (out of sight) ...and as you pull up ...he quickly appears and gets in. The problem is that he is very large ...and cannot negotiate the seat belt. I did not appreciate the tactic he uses ...and short of being rude and asking him to get out of the car ...I gave him the ride. In the future ...I think I will avoid the Rt 17 line ...and opt for the Rt 610 or Rt 630 riders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic