Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOT question: tolls during non-rush hour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOT question: tolls during non-rush hour
    Posted: 18 Jul 2005 at 8:35am
During non-rush hours, do riders on the proposed HOT lanes have to pay toll?

If so, can we avoid the toll if we carry the required 3 or 4 people?

Or can the toll be avoided only for HOV 3 or 4 during rush hour?
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2005 at 4:38pm
Thanks for the info, RLD.
vaqtpie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaqtpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2005 at 8:22pm
So if the HOV goes toll road, are the drivers going to expect us to help pay the toll?

Does anyone know what van pools cost?
bowflexguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowflexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2005 at 8:51pm
$100 a month for van pool....but this is DC you get paid a ton - just open your wallet.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2005 at 9:05am
vaqtpie, there's no charge for the riders if you have the prerequisite number of people in your car (HOV 3 or HOV 4), so the driver doesn't have to expect anything from the riders, since there will be no toll.

My only concern here was for non-rush hour times... I go to DC on weekends and sometimes on weeknights, so it's nice to be able to use the HOV lanes when available. But since they will always charge, I can always take the backroads...
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2005 at 9:46am
quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]v --- since there will be no toll ---

LMAOROTG
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2005 at 10:57am
Defender is speechless, so allow me to answer, Shahedc:

(and pardon me while I raise my voice yet again for the benefit of the hard of hearing and the small of brain...)

THERE WILL BE NO FREE HOV BECAUSE THERE IS NO TECHNOLOGY TO DO IT!

YOU CANNOT CHARGE ONE CAR A TOLL AND NOT CHARGE ANOTHER CAR AT MULTIPLE SMARTTAG LOCATIONS WITH MULTIPLE EXITS.

THE TOLL BOOTHS CANNOT TELL, AND NEVER EVER WILL BE ABLE TO TELL, HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN A CAR.

ONLY THE HUMAN EYE CAN VERIFY HOV-3, AND YOU CANNOT PUT A PERSON ON EVERY OFFRAMP 24/7, ESPECIALLY THE HIGH-SPEED SLIP-RAMPS. AND HOW COULD THEY TELL IF YOU PAID OR NOT? OR HOW MUCH YOU PAID? OR WHEN YOU GOT ON THE TOLLWAY?

Ergo, and for the last flippin' time folks, The Toll Booth Will Charge HOV Cars the SAME EXACT AMOUNT as the SOV's.

Believe me, Fluor and Clark both KNOW this.

(Man, I'm out of breath.)
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2005 at 11:07am
Obviously, I understand that an automatic toll gate cannot count heads, so I figured they would provide a manned gate at every entry to ensure that... if not, then they've been lying this whole time when they tell us that HOV will not be charged on HOT. Why have they been telling us this?

So yeah, if everyone gets charged, then this will break up the slug system... now I see the concern for all this... if there's no HOV, then both the main lines and the HOT lanes will be congested.

So... do you know when construction is expected to begin? Also, when will the first phase be complete to put HOT in effect?
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2005 at 11:43am
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]THERE WILL BE NO FREE HOV BECAUSE THERE IS NO TECHNOLOGY TO DO IT!

You sure do spout out speculation like it really means something. Do you care to back up this statement with facts?

Thought not......
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2005 at 11:56am
quote:
Originally posted by KCWolfPck
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]THERE WILL BE NO FREE HOV BECAUSE THERE IS NO TECHNOLOGY TO DO IT!

You sure do spout out speculation like it really means something. Do you care to back up this statement with facts?

Thought not......

Tell me what technology you can use. We'd all love to see a demonstration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic