Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Cheaters Got It GOOD Today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV Cheaters Got It GOOD Today
    Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:53am
I liked the part best where the silver mercedes got pulled over twice. There must have been 10 - 15 state troopers just picking them off. A cheater went by one trooper and thought he got away, next thing I know the trooper is behind us and flying down the lane and gets him. There must have been 3 troopers each side of the highway just after mixing bowl picking them off and then MANY more up ahead.

-Rob
sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:57am
Absolutely the best thing I have ever seen from the Virginia State Police today, they were just picking off the cheaters one by one, they need to do a little more of this....Keep up the good work guys!

Pat
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:04am
Yes ... made us really proud to see our law enforcement officers aggressively enforcing the law today. [^]
How many of those cheaters who received tickets today will pick up slugs tomorrow[?] If the troopers can repeat today's 'cheater sweep' a couple of times a week and also do it in the afternoon, I think we'd see less congested HOV lanes pronto. Now let's all enjoy this sunny spring day. [:D]

Keep on sluggin'! [8D]
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:07am
I enjoyed seeing the "cheater sweep" go down. Kudos to all the troopers today. Would love to see the $$ made today from tickets. This doesnt even have to be a weekely thing. Once a month would let people know that if your thinking about cheating, you never know when we'll be out in force. What a great spring morning it is.
salsita View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 8:17am
Yesterday on the way home there were out too. At the end of HOV yesterday, they were pulling over, there was even a hybrid....
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 8:41am
what they were doing was much more effective than posting themselves at exits - like the one at 234 yesterday evening.

People could SEE their flashing lights at the exit. I saw 2 cheaters swerve OFF the exit and back on to HOV.

And the cheaters KNOW about the standard one at I believe the Rt. 1 exit in the evening.

Getting out there in big numbers and pulling them all over somewhere in the middle would seem to be the best deterrent.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:04am
And if they convert to HOT they will no longer be able to do enforcement anywhere except the entrances becuase they have no way of knowing if a single paid legitimately. They couldn't even enforce on the off ramps....
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:12am
good point. how will that work?
ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:16am
Think they really care about HOV enforcement ... or just end of the month numbers???

I think it is GREAT they were pulling people over, but have noticed that these big "enforcement days" are near the end of the months.

ScarletLSG

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:17am
They will have to heavily rely on video cameras, although I imagine they would have cops there in many cases. Problem with video is that all of our great slug drivers would start getting tickets in the mail because you cannot see the back seat. Won't take too many $100 tickets in the mail to kill slugging.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic