Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rolling Valley Slug Line - Call to Action!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfieldslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rolling Valley Slug Line - Call to Action!!!
    Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 11:02am
This is a call to action for all the drivers who live close to RV slig line... PLEASE use this slug line more effectively... Don't just drive to Bob's and wait there in line to get slugs... There are plenty of us waiting in line in the RV lot.

Also, for those drivers that pick up at RV, PLEASE use the same destination for PM rides from 19&F... The waiting for RV slugs has been over 20 minutes, because 90% of drivers that stop by to pick up slugs call for Bob's destination.

Again, as a user of both lots (Backlick Rd lot and Rolling Valley lot), I found RV to be an excellent venue to park and ride!!!
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 1:18pm
Kudos for posting this and let's hope it works.
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 1:44pm
I thought RV was Pentagon only, or am I confused?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 1:59pm
RV is multiple destinations -L'Enfant, 14th street, 18th street, Pentagon, Crystal City, etc...
springfieldslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfieldslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 3:27pm
DC2RV is correct... Rolling Valley is MULTI-destination...

Can any of the moderators put this under a STICKY?, or is Bob the only one who takes care of? I want this to be upfront so that those who may not know are aware of this fact...

Thanks to those who are reading this!!!
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 8:07am
Colossus911 - why did you think Rolling Valley was Pentagon only?

And how many others - particularly Bob's drivers and slugs - think the same?
guishermo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guishermo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 2:45pm
I think Rolling Valley rules the world, and more people should use it. If people are using Bob's because they don't know about RV, then they are missing out and they should try avoiding the crowds and traffic over at Bob's.

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 7:16am
Agree with some of the previous posts.

From my 20 years of slugging and carpooling from Burke it appears that the Rolling Valley slug line serves almost all of the major NoVa and DC morning destinations.

And there always seems to be plenty of parking. [:)]

The lot is located on Old Keene Mill Rd 4 to 5 miles west of the "Bob's" slug line location.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 12:55pm
Hi. I find it surprising there are riders at RV waiting for rides to DC. I would be surprised to learn that drivers were coming to Circuit City to pick up riders. I don't doubt that some RV drivers pick up Bob's riders in the evening. Perhaps they have errands to run and the RV lot is out of their way? JMO
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 1:06pm
Jody - please clarify what you find surprising regarding your first 2 sentences.

Some drivers will pick up at Bob's if there's a wait at RV - that's understandable.

Regarding the rest of your post, yes, people do run errands and can't return to RV (myself on occasion). But there are people who pick up solely for Bob's and live in Burke. I thanked one of them for "going out of the way" and she responded that she just lives around the corner from RV anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic