Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This was too funny!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaqtpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This was too funny!
    Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 7:52pm
I drove today, and picked up a couple from Rt 3. The husband jumped in the front, the wife in the back. The husband was very talkative, and nice, but as a scanned the rear view mirror, his wife looked like she was ready to kill him. When I dropped them off, I saw the wife smack him hard on the back of his head as they walked to their car.

I laughed all the way home.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 7:34am
Pie,

Good story. [:D][^]
Was the wife mad because he was violating slug rules or because he was flirting with you? [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 7:52am
Guy needs to find "the bubble" and get in the backseat, put his wife up front, then go to sleep immediately. Apparently not been married very long.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 8:10am
The only reasons I would smack my hubby like that is if
A) He was flirting, (more than just friendly)
B) Speaking of politics, or something that might have offended the driver.

:'}
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 8:16am
N_or_S_bound, what's this "bubble" you're referring to, and how would I "find" it?
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 8:57am
That was a good one!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 9:29am
But.... the "bubble"... someone tell me what this "bubble" thing is that I'm supposed to find?
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 10:06am
I think the bubble is like the zone, a place where us old married garage-dwelling types go for peace. The Indians used sweat lodges to get away from their womenfolk, the British invented gentlemen's clubs, the Floridians invented Hooters, the South Carolinians use Augusta, and the Minnesotans use ice-fishing. We slugs use The Bubble - an invisible, odor-free, soundproof, and watertight enclosure we erect around ourselves in a stranger's car.

The Bubble is a place where a man can be a man (or a sponge, if he so desires.)
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 10:32am
I really like Sponge's description, but I don't see the bubble as being a physical space (although the bubble applies to physical spaces too).

It is more of a philosophical construct. It's really difficult to explain, it is more experienced than defined.

If you're under 40 year of age and/or married less than 10 years, you probably won't understand, sorry.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 11:19am
... only mystery now is if Pie is really worth a guy hitting on her in front of his wife? [;)] One can only hope so. [:p]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic