Print Page | Close Window

This was too funny!

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2056
Printed Date: 28 Jun 2024 at 11:07am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: This was too funny!
Posted By: vaqtpie
Subject: This was too funny!
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 7:52pm
I drove today, and picked up a couple from Rt 3. The husband jumped in the front, the wife in the back. The husband was very talkative, and nice, but as a scanned the rear view mirror, his wife looked like she was ready to kill him. When I dropped them off, I saw the wife smack him hard on the back of his head as they walked to their car.

I laughed all the way home.

Replies:
Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 7:34am
Pie,

Good story. [:D][^]
Was the wife mad because he was violating slug rules or because he was flirting with you? [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 7:52am
Guy needs to find "the bubble" and get in the backseat, put his wife up front, then go to sleep immediately. Apparently not been married very long.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 8:10am
The only reasons I would smack my hubby like that is if
A) He was flirting, (more than just friendly)
B) Speaking of politics, or something that might have offended the driver.

:'}

Posted By: shahedC
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 8:16am
N_or_S_bound, what's this "bubble" you're referring to, and how would I "find" it?

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 8:57am
That was a good one!

Posted By: shahedC
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 9:29am
But.... the "bubble"... someone tell me what this "bubble" thing is that I'm supposed to find?

Posted By: SpongeBob
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 10:06am
I think the bubble is like the zone, a place where us old married garage-dwelling types go for peace. The Indians used sweat lodges to get away from their womenfolk, the British invented gentlemen's clubs, the Floridians invented Hooters, the South Carolinians use Augusta, and the Minnesotans use ice-fishing. We slugs use The Bubble - an invisible, odor-free, soundproof, and watertight enclosure we erect around ourselves in a stranger's car.

The Bubble is a place where a man can be a man (or a sponge, if he so desires.)

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 10:32am
I really like Sponge's description, but I don't see the bubble as being a physical space (although the bubble applies to physical spaces too).

It is more of a philosophical construct. It's really difficult to explain, it is more experienced than defined.

If you're under 40 year of age and/or married less than 10 years, you probably won't understand, sorry.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 11:19am
... only mystery now is if Pie is really worth a guy hitting on her in front of his wife? [;)] One can only hope so. [:p]

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 12:24pm
He wasn't really being that flirtatious. I felt a little sorry that he was so hen-pecked. (between laughing about it)

Posted By: gmugrad
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 12:54pm
Not sure if this was us but I did this yesterday. I have a hurt foot and told him before we got into the car i would like the front. He jumped right into the front seat.

Posted By: msticaries
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 1:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by gmugrad
[br]Not sure if this was us but I did this yesterday. I have a hurt foot and told him before we got into the car i would like the front. He jumped right into the front seat.

well then you were right to smack him up side the head. Once in awhile it has to be done. [:D]

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 1:49pm
Did he jump right into the front seat because of the attractive lady in front of the wheel?

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 1:53pm
Well, until I get a personal picture of vaqtpie...Im gonna hold of on my comments that shes anything other than a ....well, let me hold off for now.. ;)

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 4:56pm
You want to see a picture Baz?

Do you remember Christy Brinkley?

Well, I don't look like her, but I don't get any complaints from my husband either.

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 4:32am
Send away...

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 6:40am
[:p] And next month, Playboy magazine features "The Girls of Sluggin'"!

Don't think so. [;)]

Posted By: Sticky Bandaid
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 1:48pm
Oh, for cripes sake!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net