Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Oh Why

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Oh Why
    Posted: 20 Nov 2005 at 11:52am
Why do women feel it's OK to put make up on in other people's vehicles?

I am usually a rider and I would never do that. I would be afraid that the make up would spill or something...

I like to see them try to do it on the sly too-as if they think the driver will not hear the click of the makeup case or see them in the rear view mirror painting themselves...LOL

Live Long and Prosper
frankiestein View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankiestein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 8:46am
So I guess we are to just sit there like zombies riding home, or to work?
We talk and talk and talk and laugh and laugh and sometimes play a quick game of cards in our slug van.
What's wrong with putting on make up or tlaking on the phone quietly?
I don't remember seeing that in the ediquette part.
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 11:00am
I think an organized van and a personal car are two different situations. I don't believe that the make-up is appropiate in someones vehicle.
Uhura1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 11:21am
quote:
Originally posted by frankiestein
[br]So I guess we are to just sit there like zombies riding home, or to work?
We talk and talk and talk and laugh and laugh and sometimes play a quick game of cards in our slug van.

You pay to ride in the slug van, no? So the cost of any spills or other mishaps is basically covered. This is not the situation in someone's private vehicle...

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 11:25am
quote:
Originally posted by frankiestein
[br]So I guess we are to just sit there like zombies riding home, or to work?

The etiquette says no talking, eating, or drinking...I believe that application of cosmetics would fall under the category of eating or drinking: The concern would be spillage / damage to the driver's vehicle, no?

Live Long and Prosper
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 11:34am
Good points Uhura. Challenge is the list can be endless about what you can't do.

Seems it would be much easier for everyone if a positive goal is set like "treat others better than you'd expect to be treated".

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Uhura1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 11:39am
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]Good points Uhura. Challenge is the list can be endless about what you can't do.

Seems it would be much easier for everyone if a positive goal is set like "treat others better than you'd expect to be treated".

NoSb

I agree with that though I suspect not many people would advocate treating others better than they would treat themselves. I think we can only (realistically) ask for the bare minimum-which should be: Treat others as you would want to be treated.

I wouldn't want someone spilling their face in my car or getting the colored powder all over the place (and believe me-it does travel) so I wouldn't do that to anyone else.

Live Long and Prosper
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 12:41pm
We seem to bring this topic up every few months on rotation. Do your makeup at home... or wait till you get to work, its just rude.

:'}
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 1:20pm
I believe in shooting for the higher goal and then accepting something less when I fall short. As I normally do.

NoSb

Uhura1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2005 at 1:35pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]I believe in shooting for the higher goal and then accepting something less when I fall short. As I normally do.

NoSb

I understand...

One thing I notice with this issue is this: Whenever I say, pls do not apply make up in my car, they get angry. One even had the nerve to argue with me! LOL

Live Long and Prosper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic