Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Slugging Comments
 Hybrids
 Hybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

duckduffer

43 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  03:41:51  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by mroyal[/i]
[br]Dear Beckie and others who are telling hybrid owners to go away,

You are in a special section of the Slug Line message board labeled Hybrids. What better place for a discussion of hybrids?

Here, take two "DUHs" and see you in the general discussion area.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Yes Mr Royal this does say Hybrids.. but the web site says Slug-Lines. This is about slugging.. not about selfish people who can afford to but a 3-4 passenger car and use it to drive them selves into work cause they can afford to.
I wish you people would stop coming here and wasting the space that is dedicated to slugging and how to make it better! The owner of this website is spending their own money so that you can commuter faster to work, not for you to tout your selfishness.
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  14:34:10  Show Profile
dumbduck: I guess you needed to know the history behind this category. The General Comment board became fairly clogged with anti-hybrid rantings such as yours, so Admin made the brilliant decision to create a separate portion of the board to discuss how wonderful hybrids actually are.
Go to Top of Page

duckduffer

43 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  19:00:58  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by NoSUV[/i]
[br]dumbduck: I guess you needed to know the history behind this category. The General Comment board became fairly clogged with anti-hybrid rantings such as yours, so Admin made the brilliant decision to create a separate portion of the board to discuss how wonderful hybrids actually are.

oh is that the best you can do you selfish person? Explain why you are here on a slug line site?

Go to Top of Page

duckduffer

43 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  19:00:59  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by NoSUV[/i]
[br]dumbduck: I guess you needed to know the history behind this category. The General Comment board became fairly clogged with anti-hybrid rantings such as yours, so Admin made the brilliant decision to create a separate portion of the board to discuss how wonderful hybrids actually are.

oh is that the best you can do you selfish person? Explain why you are here on a slug line site?

Go to Top of Page

mroyal
Senior Member Member

204 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  16:08:56  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by duckduffer[/i]
[br]
Yes Mr Royal this does say Hybrids.. but the web site says Slug-Lines. This is about slugging.. not about selfish people who can afford to but a 3-4 passenger car and use it to drive them selves into work cause they can afford to.
I wish you people would stop coming here and wasting the space that is dedicated to slugging and how to make it better! The owner of this website is spending their own money so that you can commuter faster to work, not for you to tout your selfishness.

You know, whenever you find yourself using the term "you people", you should stop typing/speaking because you are making a generalization and you will ALWAYS be wrong. I think there is much more space wasted on this board by ignorant rants and raves, like yours.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
Go to Top of Page

duckduffer

43 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  11:35:42  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by mroyal[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by duckduffer[/i]
[br]

You know, whenever you find yourself using the term "you people", you should stop typing/speaking because you are making a generalization and you will ALWAYS be wrong. I think there is much more space wasted on this board by ignorant rants and raves, like yours.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Go to Top of Page

VA_Hybrid

11 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  22:02:02  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Beckie5[/i]
[br]NoSUV - Are you posting your remarks from your job? ARe you a Gov't employee? If you are then thanks for wasting my tax dollars! After all you have a lot of posts. Also, this is a web site for slugging not for Hybrid Owners. So get off of our Slugging message board.

If this website is for Sluggin, why is ther a section named Hybrid?
No entiendo.
Go to Top of Page

PennyPrius

29 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  23:24:16  Show Profile
Let me get this str8t, people who slug ar good and Hybroid owners are bad? Gimme a break. People who pick up slugs also do it so they can ride the HOV lanes and avoid the traffic on the regular side. I am sure there are those who do it for more altruistic reasons, but not as many as there are who do it for themselves. The world is a harsh place, welcome to it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

632 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  13:30:41  Show Profile
Penny, Its not a simple good vs. bad argument. And no one says that hybrid owners are bad, just SOV hybrid commuters in the HOV lanes. There is a place for everyone, and SOV commuters belong in the regular lanes. If you do the right thing, your motives are secondary. No one cares why you carpool, just that you do it! Believe me, I would love to see all those SOV hybrid drivers line up in the slug lines, picking up cheerful and appreciative slug riders!

Ex. hybrid gets 50 MPG x 4 passengers = 200 passenger MPGs. Plus that one hybrid took 3 other cars off the road, and reduced vehicle emmissions by 75% (100% divided by 4 cars x 1 car). Now that's eco-smart!
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  08:02:49  Show Profile
raymond - you still forgot to account for non-commuting miles in your vehicle.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

632 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  09:53:40  Show Profile
I wasn't doing a comparison, NoSUV, I was just making a statement. When we carpool we all win!
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  14:52:19  Show Profile
so do the comparison! Of course, the facts will be against you.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

632 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  11:31:41  Show Profile
What facts? When we carpool we don't all win? Hmmmmm...

You need to learn to live with other people! There is a place for everyone, and SOV commuters belong in the regular lanes.

All those SOV hybrid drivers should pick up cheerful and appreciative slug riders! Here's a fact: if hybrid gets 50 MPG x 4 passengers = 200 passenger MPGs. Plus that one hybrid took 3 other cars off the road, and reduced vehicle emmissions by 75% (100% divided by 4 cars x 1 car). That's the way everyone wins with carpooling!
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  21:14:56  Show Profile
raymond - alternate fuel vehicles and buses belong in the express lanes. No one else.
Go to Top of Page

SpongeBob
Advanced Member

USA
679 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  09:49:49  Show Profile
Folks, let's all agree not to debate this last statement by NoSUV.

I mean, really, it's just not worth considering.

This thread is
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page