Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

longtimeslug
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  13:40:03  Show Profile
Slugs aren't the only ones who need to observe proper etiquette. Drivers need to follow some simple rules too. The one I'll touch on here is reasonable climate control. Reasonable temperature is 68-73 degrees! If you're not going to set it on auto control, then some "Climate Control 101" is in order. The A/C button needs to be on and fan speed needs to be high enough to keep the entire vehicle comfortable. Too many times, I've ridden in cars set at 80 degrees, low fan speed, with the flow pointed at the floor, and A/C not even on. A/C is not just for making it cold, folks. A/C actually dries the air to make it comfortable. 73 degrees doesn't mean much if the A/C is off and it feels like a tropical rainforest in the car because you don't know how to work the climate control system. Also, keep in mind that there is someone in the back seat that would like to be comfortable as well. On a 90-degree afternoon with the sun beating down on the right side of the car as we're heading south, setting the temp to 73 (even with A/C on) means nothing to the poor guy sweating in the back seat if you're going to turn the fan speed down to low. Best bet is to just press the auto button and let the car figure it out for you. That's what it's for! In auto we trust. So many times, I wish the driver would stop messing with the climate controls and just let the car do the work. We'd all be much more comfortable because the car is smarter than those drivers. Also, please don't pull the "bait and switch" move, whereby the car is nice and cool, with the A/C blowing nicely when we first get in... then half way down the road the driver starts messing with the controls and turns the car into a sweatbox. Not appreciated.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page