Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Slugging Comments
 General Slugging Topics
 New slugger - Is my schedule feasible if I slug?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lilmssunshine10
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2013 :  15:46:19  Show Profile
Hello- Bear with me if this is the wrong forum. I'm evaluating whether to take a slug line to Rosslyn (via Potomac Mills) and metro to DC or take one in to Pentagon City and metro from there. My goal is to get to a line by 5:30/6am, slug, then metro by 7am/7:30 to McPherson Square. Then, leave work NLT 3:30 so I can get my kid in Manassas by 5:30/6pm.

I have NO clue how long slugging takes from the time you par to the time you arrive. Does anyone know whether this schedule is feasible, fairly reliable, or have any recommendations? Thank you!!!!!

Desperate newbie.... Help!
Me

scottt

415 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  10:54:05  Show Profile
Why take the metro?....just take a 14th St ride and get off at H St.
Go to Top of Page

Lilmssunshine10
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  15:47:24  Show Profile
Hi Scott,

Is that really close to 1120 Vermont Avenue, per chance? Do you know how long the walk is? Really neat tip. Appreciate the advice. I do NOT know DC, so I have no idea what is near what...

Do you happen to know, on average, how long that ride may be?

Cheers!
SW
Go to Top of Page

scottt

415 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  08:48:50  Show Profile
If that's your final address, then you'll want to find a 14th and K St ride (2 block walk after drop off)

the ride....it's usually quick. I can usually be door to door (that includes driving to and parking at the slug lot, getting a ride, walking, etc) in 40-45 mins. That's slugging from Springfield BTW.
Go to Top of Page

Fed slave
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2014 :  12:00:43  Show Profile
There's also OmniRide in Manassas to DC. I'm still trying to figure this out. I have to be 810 Vermont Ave/McPherson Square 0830AM-430PM, but don't want to drive...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page