Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Transportation Advisory: 395 Express Lanes Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transportation Advisory: 395 Express Lanes Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transportation Advisory: 395 Express Lanes Project
    Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:19am
TMP Newsletter March 2019:

395 Express Lanes/South Parking Construction Updates - With the warmer and improving Spring weather, construction work is progressing steadily at the “Pork Chop” to support the bus loop construction and along the Eads Street interchange. Please continue to pay close attention to signage to ensure safety around construction activities. Construction in the Pork Chop area is anticipated to finish by end of May, subject to weather conditions and unplanned events. More information about the final traffic pattern will be provided in the next two months. Follow us on Facebook at WHSTransportation and on Twitter @WHS_Transport: #395ExpressInfo for details.

TMP Newsletter March 2019

Edited by admin2 - 09 May 2019 at 5:23am
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:08am
TMP Newsletter February 2019: Since January 22, 2019, the Eads Street traffic pattern has returned to one lane on both sides of Eads Street, inbound and outbound, while construction work continues along the median. The temporary relocation of Route 610 Stafford and Mine Road slug stations will remain at the Kiss and Ride area on N. Rotary Rd during the Eads Street construction.

Click here for newsletter

Edited by admin2 - 09 May 2019 at 5:21am
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:39am
Pentagon TMP Newsletter January 2019:

Construction work continues at the “Pork Chop” and along Eads Street. The temporary relocation of Route 610 Stafford and Mine Road slug stations will remain at the Kiss and Ride area on N. Rotary Rd during the Eads Street construction.

TMP Newsletter January 2019
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:17am
Beginning next Tuesday, January 22 (subject to weather condition), the traffic pattern at Eads Street will change. Both sides of Eads Street will reopen, but the same traffic restrictions in the AM and PM peak are still in effect. The temporary slug relocation of the 610 Stafford and Mine Road stations will continue to be on North Rotary Road through the duration of the construction at Eads Street.

Attached are the flyers of the traffic pattern shift beginning on or about Tuesday, January 22nd. Flyer -WHS_2019_I395express_AM and Flyer -WHS_2019_I395express_PM

Additionally, the following is our transportation advisory for the upcoming traffic pattern change. Please also note that the 395 Express Lanes website has a new look and a new URL at https://www.expresslanes.com/projects/395. If you have any questions on the 395 Express Lanes website, I have included Brent McKenzie on the cc line to this email.

*************Transportation Advisory****************
On or about Tuesday, January 22, 2019, the day after the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and subject to weather events, the Eads Street traffic pattern will return to one lane on both sides of Eads Street, inbound and outbound, while construction continues. If inclement weather is encountered this weekend, the traffic pattern change will occur the following Monday, January 28, 2019.

The current traffic restrictions and detours during the AM Peak between 6:00am to 9:00am, the off-peak period from 9:00am to 3:00pm, and the PM Peak from 3:00pm to 8:00pm will continue to be in effect. Please see attached diagrams for complete details.

The temporary relocation of Route 610 Stafford and Mine Road slug stations will remain at the Kiss and Ride area on N. Rotary Road during the Eads Street construction. Please pay close attention to traffic control direction, signage and traffic signals as they will change to align with the new traffic patterns. Visit https://www.expresslanes.com/projects/395 for more information.

Edited by admin2 - 18 Jan 2019 at 7:27am
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 7:15am
TMP Newsletter November 2018:

Construction work continues at the “Pork Chop” and along Eads Street between the Pentagon Reservation and Army Navy Drive as part of the 395 Express Lanes / South Parking Improvements Project. On Monday, October 15, the traffic pattern at Eads Street has changed with traffic switching to the West side of Eads Street. (southbound travel lanes), with access to the I-395 HOV Ramps preserved. The temporary relocation of Route 610 Stafford and Mine Road slug stations will remain at the Kiss and Ride area on N. Rotary Rd during the Eads Street construction.

TMP Newsletter November 2018

Edited by admin2 - 09 May 2019 at 5:18am
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 10:05am
October-TMPONewsletter_2018-Final.pdf

www.slug-lines.com/downloads/October-TMPONewsletter_2018-Final.pdf

Eads Street Traffic Pattern Changes Has Begun
Construction work continues at the “Pork Chop” and along Eads Street between the Pentagon Reservation and Army Navy Drive as part of the 395 Express Lanes / South Parking Improvements Project. On Monday, October 15, the traffic pattern at Eads Street has changed with traffic switching to the West side of Eads Street. (southbound travel lanes), with access to the I-395 HOV Ramps preserved. The temporary relocation of Route 610 Stafford and Mine Road slug stations will remain at the Kiss and Ride area on N. Rotary Rd during the Eads Street construction.
AM Peak Changes (6am – 9am): Right-turn from S. Rotary Rd. to I-395 S HOV only, no Army Navy Dr. access from S. Rotary Road and Eads Street. No Pentagon Access via Eads Street Northbound. I-395 N Detour via Fern Street and Army Navy Drive.
Off Peak (9am – 3pm): No significant changes, all lanes open on South Rotary Road.
PM Peak Changes (3pm – 6pm): Some transit buses exit Pentagon Transit Center via Connector Road. Delays and congestion anticipated. No Pentagon Access via Eads Street Northbound. Drivers should follow signs on South Rotary Road for turning movement.
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 6:23am
Pentagon Update – September 2018
As published in the September 2018 Washington Headquarters Services Transportation Management Program Office Newsletter

Upcoming Traffic Pattern/Lane Changes at Eads Street

Construction work continues at the “Pork Chop” and along Eads Street between the Pentagon Reservation and Army Navy Drive as part of the 395 Express Lanes / South Parking Improvements Project. The next phase of the Eads Street construction will occur on the East side of Eads Street on or about October 15, subject to weather condition. The current travel lanes will switch to the West side of Eads Street. (southbound travel lanes), with access to the I-395 HOV Ramps preserved. The temporary relocation of Route 610 Stafford and Mine Road slug stations will remain at Kiss and Ride area on N. Rotary Rd during the Eads Street construction. The following are the details of the pattern/lane changes:

Lane Reduction: All traffic along Eads Street between South Rotary Road and Army Navy Drive will be shifted to the west side of Eads Street on or about October 15 through the winter months.

AM Peak Changes (6am – 9am): Right-turn from S. Rotary Rd. to I-395 S HOV Only, no Army Navy Dr. access from S. Rotary Road and Eads Street.   No Pentagon Access via Eads Street Northbound. I-395 N Detour via Fern Street and Army Navy Drive.

Off Peak (9am – 3pm): No significant changes, all four (4) lanes open on South Rotary Road.

PM Peak Changes (3pm – 6pm): Some transit buses exit Pentagon Transit Center via Connector Road. Delays and congestion anticipated. No Pentagon Access via Eads Street Northbound. Identified I-395 HOV Access via VA27 as an alternate option during significant delays

Information on the detailed traffic pattern changes will be posted on 395ExpressLanes.com/pentagon. You can also follow us on WHSTransportation and @WHS_Transport: #395ExpressInfo. Please be prepared and pay close attention to signage as they will change to align with the new traffic patterns. Remember to practice safety, follow traffic control direction, and be familiar with travel alternatives. Visit the new Pentagon Commuter Store located at the Pentagon Transit Center for travel assistance.
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 6:21am
Pentagon Update – August 2018

As published in the August 2018 Washington Headquarters Services Transportation Management Program Office Newsletter

395 Express Lanes Construction Continues at Eads Street/Pork Chop

Construction work continues along Eads Street between the Pentagon Reservation and Army Navy Drive. The VDOT construction crew is making good progress on the west side of Eads Street to widen pavement, install drainage, sidewalks, overhead structures, and curb and gutter in preparation for the 4th lane addition on South Rotary Road to access the future 395 Express/Toll Lanes.   Two slug stations, 610 Mine Road and 610 Stafford are temporarily relocated to the kiss and drop areas by North Rotary Road as a traffic congestion mitigation for the duration of the Eads Street construction work. Pentagon personnel and regional commuters adapted to the detours and temporary change in traffic patterns.   

There will be additional weekend construction work at the “Pork Chop” for the next few weeks. Beginning on August 24, 2018, the Pork Chop closes on Friday nights at 6 p.m. and remains closed until 4 am the following Monday morning to allow construction crew to perform drainage work. Slugging activities in the Pork Chop may continue until 8 pm on Fridays. Vehicles that are not removed by 6 p.m. on Fridays through September 17, 2018, will be towed at owner's expense. To locate a towed vehicle call the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) at (703) 697-1001.

The next phase of the Eads Street construction will occur on the East side of Eads Street around the end of September to early October, subject to weather condition. The current travel lanes will switch to the West side. Please be prepared and pay close attention to signage as they will change to align with the new traffic patterns. More information will be available in mid-September.   Information on the detailed traffic pattern changes will be posted on 395ExpressLanes.com/pentagon. You can also follow us on WHSTransportation and @WHS_Transport: #395ExpressInfo. Remember to practice safety, follow signs and traffic control direction, and be familiar with travel alternatives.

Edited by admin2 - 26 Oct 2018 at 6:21am
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:58am

www.slug-lines.com/images/WHS_2018_09_395pM.jpg

Edited by admin2 - 25 May 2019 at 8:04am
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:54am

Edited by admin2 - 13 Oct 2018 at 6:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic