Print Page | Close Window

LOUD OFFENSIVE MUSIC!!!

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5208
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2024 at 11:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: LOUD OFFENSIVE MUSIC!!!
Posted By: marlyP
Subject: LOUD OFFENSIVE MUSIC!!!
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
VEHICLE TO WATCH OUT FOR: {RT 17 Stafford; TAG # VA xrf-7336 Toyota SUV; light grey or bluish, w/large crack along driver side of windshield; african-american woman appeared to be late 20's/mid-thirties; short and pretty heavy in size; well, I'll be honest, she was a little OBESE.

I had a very unpleasant experience Friday (15th) morning when I boarded this young woman's vehicle at RT. 17 (Stafford). There was already a guy in the back seat. No sooner as I got in, and before we even got out the parking lot she clicks on the CD, volume already set LOUDLY and out blast this sensually provocative R&B song. NEVER ONCE ASKED US: "Does my music bother you all?", "is it too loud?" SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR THE PASSENGERS IN HER VEHICLE! It was like she was possessed and in her own zone! I was prepared to get out but she zoomed out the parking lot onto the road so fast she really didn't give us a choice. I gave her a look and even asked her 10 minutes into the ride, "would you mind just turning the volume down a little?" She smacked her lips and appeared to be annoyed and tapped the button lightly, not really making a difference. The succession of OFFENSIVE songs continued: Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, some other Pop/R&B songs I didn't recognize. I couldn't believe it! The guy in the back wasn't saying anything. He was probably thinking, "hey, I'll deal with it' I'm just trying to get to work." NO! IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Once we got to the Pentagon -- the guy was headed to Crystal City -- I quietly got out and stood directly in front of her vehicle and wrote down her tag number. She shouted something out the window but I acted like I didn't even hear it and proceeded to walk away.

In closing: FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR LOUD, NASTY, OBNOXIOUS MUSIC, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE! BUT DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME!!!! DON'T PICK UP SLUGGERS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EXTEND COURTESY AND RESPECT TO AT LEAST ASK, "DOES MY MUSIC/VOLUME BOTHER YOU?" GIVE THE SLUGGER THE OPTION OF STAYING OR EXITING YOUR VEHICLE. THANK YOU.

Replies:
Posted By: NO44
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:20am
quote:
Originally posted by marlyP

VEHICLE TO WATCH OUT FOR: {RT 17 Stafford; TAG # VA xrf-7336 Toyota SUV; light grey or bluish, w/large crack along driver side of windshield; african-american woman appeared to be late 20's/mid-thirties; short and pretty heavy in size; well, I'll be honest, she was a little OBESE.

I had a very unpleasant experience Friday (15th) morning when I boarded this young woman's vehicle at RT. 17 (Stafford). There was already a guy in the back seat. No sooner as I got in, and before we even got out the parking lot she clicks on the CD, volume already set LOUDLY and out blast this sensually provocative R&B song. NEVER ONCE ASKED US: "Does my music bother you all?", "is it too loud?" SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR THE PASSENGERS IN HER VEHICLE! It was like she was possessed and in her own zone! I was prepared to get out but she zoomed out the parking lot onto the road so fast she really didn't give us a choice. I gave her a look and even asked her 10 minutes into the ride, "would you mind just turning the volume down a little?" She smacked her lips and appeared to be annoyed and tapped the button lightly, not really making a difference. The succession of OFFENSIVE songs continued: Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, some other Pop/R&B songs I didn't recognize. I couldn't believe it! The guy in the back wasn't saying anything. He was probably thinking, "hey, I'll deal with it' I'm just trying to get to work." NO! IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Once we got to the Pentagon -- the guy was headed to Crystal City -- I quietly got out and stood directly in front of her vehicle and wrote down her tag number. She shouted something out the window but I acted like I didn't even hear it and proceeded to walk away.

In closing: FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR LOUD, NASTY, OBNOXIOUS MUSIC, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE! BUT DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME!!!! DON'T PICK UP SLUGGERS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EXTEND COURTESY AND RESPECT TO AT LEAST ASK, "DOES MY MUSIC/VOLUME BOTHER YOU?" GIVE THE SLUGGER THE OPTION OF STAYING OR EXITING YOUR VEHICLE. THANK YOU.

How is Jay-Z offensive? I have every album and I am really trying to recall an offensive track... maybe you could be more specific? And was it the radio?

Nic

Posted By: sluggie
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:40am
Marly - Bring your iPod when you're slugging. If you don't like the driver's music selection, you don't have to listen to it. As gas prices approach $4/gallon, as long as they're a safe driver, which is really the only thing that matters to me, I'll gladly go with the "inconvenience" of having to listen to music I don't care for.

Posted By: mpatoka
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 9:41am
That's why I carry a pair of foam earplugs. I've ridden in the back seat with loud speakers pounding right behind my head and the driver was clueless/didn't care. They do help a little.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:37am
quote:
Originally posted by NO44

quote:

How is Jay-Z offensive? I have every album and I am really trying to recall an offensive track... maybe you could be more specific? And was it the radio?

Nic

No, it wasn't the radio it was her CD player. The MAIN problem was the volume!!!! It was RUDE no matter how you look at it! All I'm saying is have the courtesy to atleast ask your riders. Give folks an option. Yes, sluggers want a free ride and the DRIVERS want the benefit of HOV. WE ALL BENEFIT FROM EACH OTHER, eh?

To address your question: Jay-Z's lyrics is very offesive! Are you kidding me?!? And aside from that, he along with half the rap/entertainment industry are DEVIL WORSHIPPERS. DO YOUR RESEARCH YOUNG MAN. Unless you've sold your SOUL TO THE DEVIL AS WELL! HMMM.....

MARLYP

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:49am
quote:

quote:

quote:

Nic

No, it wasn't the radio it was her CD player. The MAIN problem was the volume!!!! It was RUDE no matter how you look at it! All I'm saying is have the courtesy to atleast ask your riders. Give folks an option. Yes, sluggers want a free ride and the DRIVERS want the benefit of HOV. WE ALL BENEFIT FROM EACH OTHER, eh?

To address your question: Jay-Z's lyrics is very offesive! Are you kidding me?!? And aside from that, he along with half the rap/entertainment industry are DEVIL WORSHIPPERS. DO YOUR RESEARCH YOUNG MAN. Unless you've sold your SOUL TO THE DEVIL AS WELL! HMMM.....

MARLYP

Wow. A. I am not a young man. I am a 32 year old Christian woman.
B. Rap/entertainment industry equates to devil worshipping? You really cannot be THAT ignorant

Let me clue you in.
Here are some Jay Z quotes and how they correlate to life.

How you get so fly? From not being afraid to fall out the sky

from Beach Chair, Kingdom Come

Insight: The only way to overcome fear is to face it.

Im not a businessman. Im a businessmaaaannn

from Diamonds Are Forever Remix

Insight: Like businesses, individuals need visions, strategies, partnerships, positioning, constant evaluation and accountability, etc. See The C.E.O. of You.

Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself

from A Dream, Blueprint 2

Insight: We are fully responsible for our being. We are co-creators (with God) of our lives and can be whoever we choose to be.

Im not afraid of dying. Im afraid of not trying

from Beach Chair, Kingdom Come

Insight: Failure is underrated. To not try is worse than failing.

Im far from God, but I work god damn hard

from Breath Easy, The Blueprint

Insight: To create like the Creator takes hard work.

I spring train in the winter, around early December

from Breath Easy, The Blueprint

Insight: He who practices the most is most prepared to win.

If I dont show the world growth, how are we going to grow?

December 2007 XXL Interview

Insight: Things that stagnate dont last long.

I love that because thats what Im supposed to be doing whether its accepted by everybody or not. Im supposed to be pushing that envelope and trying new things. And people are supposed to say, Hov, you might have went too far.

December 2007 XXL Interview

Insight: If people arent looking at you funny, then youre not pushing the envelope.

Im a person that works off of music. I let the music dictate the direction.

Insight: Let the creative energy guide you. Dont dictate too much.

Treat my first like my last and the last like my first and my thirst is the same as- when I came.

from My 1st Song, The Black Album

I will not lose for even in defeat, theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens up for me.

from Blueprint 2, The Blueprint 2

what tomorrow has in store we could never be sure so all we can do is pray

from Pray, American Gangster

I cant base what Im gon be off what everybody isnt

from So Ambitious, Blueprint 3

If yall cant already see i aint worried about yall cos im already me

from Already Home, Blueprint 3

im talking about progress i aint looking back,

you know i run track, try not to get lapped,

people talking about Hov left em flat,

trying to rewrite history lets talk about that

from What We Talkin About, Blueprint 3

Lots of devil worshipping there huh?

Nic

Posted By: slug123456789
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:50am
I really hate it when a driver's music/radio is too loud. It is annoying and depending on how loud, it can really hurt the ear. I'm not going to talk about the offensive nature of the music (don't listen to that type so can't speak about it) but no matter what is playing, when it is so loud that you can feel it, that is toooo loud!!!! I do the best I can to ignore it and have not had it be so loud I couldn't stand it for 20 minutes to/from work.

As for those who say bring your iPod - are you volunteering to buy me one? Don't own one, don't plan to. If people keep giving that as another option to the driver's loud radio, I am going to scream!!! THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER PEOPLE!!!! The driver should show common courtesy and not have the radio screaming loud!!!!! It is called decency, courtesy, empathy!!! The treat others as you wish to be treated, rule. Look those words up if you don't understand.

If a driver plans to have their radio very loud, the least they could do is warn the slugs and give them an option to get out! OR, they can driver alone in the regular lanes. It is not the slugs job to just sit there and take abuse from the driver

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:52am
quote:
Originally posted by mpatoka

That's why I carry a pair of foam earplugs. I've ridden in the back seat with loud speakers pounding right behind my head and the driver was clueless/didn't care. They do help a little.

mpatoka - That's the problem. You should not have had to endure loud speakers pounding in your ear; you should've said something. There's no earplug thick enough to drown that type of noise! We(riders) feel that we have to remain quiet and remain at their mercy. I beg to differ! As I mentioned in my previous reply: We benefit from each other. If drivers are that pompous and arrogant, then take the trip on the HOV solo and see how long you get away with it.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:07am
quote:
Originally posted by slug123456789

I really hate it when a driver's music/radio is too loud. It is annoying and depending on how loud, it can really hurt the ear. I'm not going to talk about the offensive nature of the music (don't listen to that type so can't speak about it) but no matter what is playing, when it is so loud that you can feel it, that is toooo loud!!!! I do the best I can to ignore it and have not had it be so loud I couldn't stand it for 20 minutes to/from work.

As for those who say bring your iPod - are you volunteering to buy me one? Don't own one, don't plan to. If people keep giving that as another option to the driver's loud radio, I am going to scream!!! THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER PEOPLE!!!! The driver should show common courtesy and not have the radio screaming loud!!!!! It is called decency, courtesy, empathy!!! The treat others as you wish to be treated, rule. Look those words up if you don't understand.

If a driver plans to have their radio very loud, the least they could do is warn the slugs and give them an option to get out! OR, they can driver alone in the regular lanes. It is not the slugs job to just sit there and take abuse from the driver

CAN I GET AN AMEN ANYONE ELSE!! MY SENTAMENTS EXACTLY!

MARLYP

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:12am
CAN I GET AN AMEN ANYONE ELSE!! MY SENTAMENTS EXACTLY!

MARLYP

You're an awesome speller.

Nic

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:25am
NO44/Nic - You're a Christian woman...really?? smh! And you receive your spiritual feeding from the likes of Jay-Z's music? Wow, who else do you listen to? All I can tell you is: you have been DECIEVED my dear! Stay out of Egypt! That's a Christian joke, but u probably have no clue what that means, do you? What a shame! smh!

quote:

quote:

Nic

MARLYP

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:43am

Nic - You're a Christian woman...really?? smh! And you receive your spiritual feeding from the likes of Jay-Z's music? Wow, who else do you listen to? All I can tell you is: you have been DECIEVED my dear! Stay out of Eygpt! That's a Christian joke, but u probably have no clue what that means, do you? What a shame! smh!

[

No I get my spiritual feeding from God. I was merely pointing out your ignorance in the fact that you clASSified Jay-Z and other rappers/entertainers as devil worshippers. And now you ASSume I have no idea what is going on with Egypt? See I dont assume, but I do base my judgments from how individuals portray themselves. Here is my conclusion of the type of person you are: IGNORANT. You know nothing of rap/hip hop or how many lives it affects in a positive manner, nor can you spell. You must work for the Government (That's a federal joke, but you probably don't know what that means... what a shame!) SMDH as well.

Nic

Posted By: ShellyBee
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:19pm
Wow. Nasty, nasty comments on this blog. Like others said, slugging benefits both the drives and the riders and it behooves us all to treat each other with courtesy and respect. Loud music is obnoxious regardless of what genre it is (bluegrass/fiddle, sermons, a Catholic mass [I'm Catholic] - I've been "treated" to them all). Clearly, this driver needs some lessons in common courtesy, but MarlyP, so do you as your righteous and judgemental attitudes do not belong here. If you don't like pop music, don't listen to it and be more selective about the cars you get in to.

BTW, I am a 51 yr old professional woman with a 12 yr old daughter and I happen to like Jay Z and Lady GaGa. To assume that I am a devil worshiper because I listen to their music is simply absurd.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:34pm

Nic - You're a Christian woman...really?? smh! And you receive your spiritual feeding from the likes of Jay-Z's music? Wow, who else do you listen to? All I can tell you is: you have been DECIEVED my dear! Stay out of Eygpt! That's a Christian joke, but u probably have no clue what that means, do you? What a shame! smh!

[

No I get my spiritual feeding from God. I was merely pointing out your ignorance in the fact that you clASSified Jay-Z and other rappers/entertainers as devil worshippers. And now you ASSume I have no idea what is going on with Egypt? See I dont assume, but I do base my judgments from how individuals portray themselves. Here is my conclusion of the type of person you are: IGNORANT. You know nothing of rap/hip hop or how many lives it affects in a positive manner, nor can you spell. You must work for the Government (That's a federal joke, but you probably don't know what that means... what a shame!) SMDH as well.

Nic
[/quNO44/nic - SMDH?? WOW, such harsh language? Don't get upset:-) But this will be my last post to you, b/c I really want you to get this and not perish in YOUURRR ignorance my dear. READ YOUR BIBLE AND DO YOUR RESEARCH MY SISTAH. Stop allowing the Enemy/Satan/Adversary/Accuser...to DECEIVE YOU! As for my spelling, eh, the fingers get a little crazy, but you got the message, right? That's why you're upset. No I'm not a government worker, but a private contractor and as long as those numbers and zeros add up when my checks come in, the spelling is my LEAST worry. Trust me on that! Have a blessed day![;)]

MARLYP

Posted By: HMumford
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:49pm
quote:

[

Nic
[/quNO44/nic - SMDH?? WOW, such harsh language? Don't get upset:-) But this will be my last post to you, b/c I really want you to get this and not perish in YOUURRR ignorance my dear. READ YOUR BIBLE AND DO YOUR RESEARCH MY SISTAH. Stop allowing the Enemy/Satan/Adversary/Accuser...to DECEIVE YOU! As for my spelling, eh, the fingers get a little crazy, but you got the message, right? That's why you're upset. No I'm not a government worker, but a private contractor and as long as those numbers and zeros add up when my checks come in, the spelling is my LEAST worry. Trust me on that! Have a blessed day![;)]

MARLYP

Is this a joke? What a nutter!

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:54pm
quote:

[

Nic

MARLYP

Ohhh you're a temp! Explains a lot. And I'm not angry. I was just a little taken aback with the ignorance your comment expressed. While I agree people shouldn't blast their music, I am still baffled there are people as judgemental as you around.

You have a blessed day as well.

Nic

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ShellyBee

Wow. Nasty, nasty comments on this blog. Like others said, slugging benefits both the drives and the riders and it behooves us all to treat each other with courtesy and respect. Loud music is obnoxious regardless of what genre it is (bluegrass/fiddle, sermons, a Catholic mass [I'm Catholic] - I've been "treated" to them all). Clearly, this driver needs some lessons in common courtesy, but MarlyP, so do you as your righteous and judgemental attitudes do not belong here. If you don't like pop music, don't listen to it and be more selective about the cars you get in to.

BTW, I am a 51 yr old professional woman with a 12 yr old daughter and I happen to like Jay Z and Lady GaGa. To assume that I am a devil worshiper because I listen to their music is simply absurd.

[/qShellyBee: You guys are really blowing this thing way out. I'm not assuming that at all....Let's stop with the debates; I agree this really isn't the forum for this type of discussion. However, this is not an opinion this is a spiritual FACT! Lady GaGa, Kanye,Jay-Z, Rihanna, and the list goes on and on, their music/videos, is DEMONIC and if you'll don't see anything wrong with it and allow your children to listen to that garbage, well then GOD HELP YOU!!! Jeez, people don't be so DECEIVED!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Stop allowing everything to feed into your spirit. (I'm sure you're gonna have a rebuttal but you try to enjoy the rest of your day and anyone else who wants to keep fueling the flames.) Let it go. smh

MARLYP

Posted By: pentagonslug74
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 2:21pm
You should keep your personal beliefs,(religious) to yourslef as some of us don't share your views or beliefs. Stick to the facts that you were making about a rude driver and leave it that....we all have had bad expiernces...thank you for the heads up..now move on...

Posted By: Pele
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 2:22pm
quote:

MARLYP

Stay outta my car then... I've got an Ozzy Osbourne CD in there now. Though I do not wish to replace my speakers, and I value my hearing, it is played at a reasonable volume.

I'd just hate to be the subject or a confession or something.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)

Posted By: solarcells
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:04pm
I hope you don't get into a car with Sirius/XM channel 104/150 playing (Raw-Dog comedy uncensored). I've been in a few and saw nothing wrong with it. For the stuff that's of no interest to me regardless of the volume, I put on my over the head ear phones on, turn up my own volume and enjoy the ride.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:24am
quote:

*****I want to take this opportunity to apologize not only to the site administrator but to the other users who clicked on this topic expecting to be informed of related issues dealing with the slugging community, but instead was subjected to dialogue that had absolutely nothing to do with the matter at hand. This was not my original intention. Politics and religion as we know are two subjects that can take on a life of its own. I'll be the first to acknowledge that this is definitely not the platform for airing our personal beliefs on such heated issues no matter how strongly our convictions are. Again, my apologies for opening that gateway.*****

MARLYP

Posted By: ktzmom13
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:38am
MarlyP - not getting into whatever has gone on before, but wanted to offer suggestions - keep a set of earplugs in your purse. Seems silly, but it's an easy fix. Also, it worried me that you said you stood in front of the car & wrote down the vehicle tag. A few months ago, a slug was run down by a driver in Crystal City while doing just that - the hearing is pending. Please be careful what you do/say - although I view slugging as safe, you never know what that driver is going to do.

Posted By: ETC
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:44am
Also please remember while the driver is being insensitive, it is a free ride. You really do not have the right to complain if you aren't compensating the driver for the ride. Just DON'T ride with this person again -- that is your only prerogative.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by ETC

Also please remember while the driver is being insensitive, it is a free ride. You really do not have the right to complain if you aren't compensating the driver for the ride. Just DON'T ride with this person again -- that is your only prerogative.

I clearly understand the ride is free ETC, and clearly I WILL NOT ride with that person again, but just give the slugger(s) the option that's all. There should be an unspoken air of respect on both sides. I too have been a driver, and I realize not everyone is going to be as courteous and polite as the next person. But you know, what I am going to start doing atleast for a while, upon entering a vehicle: if I hear questionable music/volume tone, that will be my cue to inquire and/or exit. Thank God I have encountered more respectable drivers than the bouncing, bobbing "club cars" early in the MORNING. lol. Jeez!

MARLYP

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by ktzmom13

MarlyP - not getting into whatever has gone on before, but wanted to offer suggestions - keep a set of earplugs in your purse. Seems silly, but it's an easy fix. Also, it worried me that you said you stood in front of the car & wrote down the vehicle tag. A few months ago, a slug was run down by a driver in Crystal City while doing just that - the hearing is pending. Please be careful what you do/say - although I view slugging as safe, you never know what that driver is going to do.

Oh, good Lord![:0] That's where this driver was headed too. Do you think....? This young woman did have a weird look on her face and yes she did inch her car up a little towards me. I didn't stand there long; I quickly jotted the info down and stepped away. Still, I know that wasn't very wise of me to do. I'll have to be a little more discreet next time. It sounds like you may have some inside information on that situation? Was it by word of mouth that you heard about this? I do appreciate the information and your concern.

MARLYP

Posted By: VAwitch
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:54pm
quote:

NO44/Nic - You're a Christian woman...really?? smh! And you receive your spiritual feeding from the likes of Jay-Z's music? Wow, who else do you listen to? All I can tell you is: you have been DECIEVED my dear! Stay out of Egypt! That's a Christian joke, but u probably have no clue what that means, do you? What a shame! smh!

Wow - just... wow.

I never thought I'd read such bigotry on the slug-lines board, in the 17 years I've been riding or driving.

ON TOPIC: While I do have my iPod/phone handy, sometimes music is still too loud in the back to be able to hear it w/o turning it way up - and I can't afford to lose my hearing.

If I'm really wanting to turn up a station, or a new CD, I'll adjust the balance to favor the front left (Driver) portion of the car. So far, no complaints, other than the occasional "Could you please increase the volume?"

Posted By: VAwitch
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:58pm
quote:
ShellyBee: You guys are really blowing this thing way out. I'm not assuming that at all....Let's stop with the debates; I agree this really isn't the forum for this type of discussion. However, this is not an opinion this is a spiritual FACT! Lady GaGa, Kanye,Jay-Z, Rihanna, and the list goes on and on, their music/videos, is DEMONIC and if you'll don't see anything wrong with it and allow your children to listen to that garbage, well then GOD HELP YOU!!! Jeez, people don't be so DECEIVED!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Stop allowing everything to feed into your spirit. (I'm sure you're gonna have a rebuttal but you try to enjoy the rest of your day and anyone else who wants to keep fueling the flames.) Let it go. smh

MARLYP

Do YOUR research - A) not everyone shares your beliefs, and B) to assume so in the multi-national diversity that is the metro-DC area simply shows YOUR arrogance and bigotry.

Blessed Be!

Posted By: slug123456789
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 2:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by ETC

Uh, yeah you do have the right to complain. We slugs are not just mindless bodies to be used and abused by drivers. I'm sure If SHE HAD KNOWN AHEAD OF TIME she would have gotten out of the car. And what good does it does it do the slug for you to say, just don't ride with them again? DUH!!! But there are other drivers who do that, so this is where the common courtesy part comes in (the drivers part I mean).

Posted By: ktzmom13
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:10pm
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2333267

It was a "gentleman" who ran down the slug - former Sgt. Major of the Army, in fact.

I first heard about it on the message board here - WTOP had the story online.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:15pm
quote:
Originally posted by VAwitch

quote:
ShellyBee: You guys are really blowing this thing way out. I'm not assuming that at all....Let's stop with the debates; I agree this really isn't the forum for this type of discussion. However, this is not an opinion this is a spiritual FACT! Lady GaGa, Kanye,Jay-Z, Rihanna, and the list goes on and on, their music/videos, is DEMONIC and if you'll don't see anything wrong with it and allow your children to listen to that garbage, well then GOD HELP YOU!!! Jeez, people don't be so DECEIVED!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Stop allowing everything to feed into your spirit. (I'm sure you're gonna have a rebuttal but you try to enjoy the rest of your day and anyone else who wants to keep fueling the flames.) Let it go. smh

MARLYP

Do YOUR research - A) not everyone shares your beliefs, and B) to assume so in the multi-national diversity that is the metro-DC area simply shows YOUR arrogance and bigotry.

Blessed Be!

Just couldn't let it go, huh? You feel better now? Hmmm...is it coincidence that your profile name bears the word "WITCH"![:0] THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!!!!! GET BEHIND ME SATAN!!!!! Now I feel better![:D] Moving on[;)]

MARLYP

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 4:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by ktzmom13

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2333267

It was a "gentleman" who ran down the slug - former Sgt. Major of the Army, in fact.

I first heard about it on the message board here - WTOP had the story online.

OMG! I emailed the article to a couple of folks. Unbelievable! Thank you Ktzmom, for sharing this. This will be an eye-opener for a lot of folks I'm sure. We would be surprised to know the many people who walk along side us every day who suffer from mental illness. Sudden erratic behavior is a sure sign. Just recently another slugger told me her story where the driver suddenly started whizzing and speeding in and around cars like a maniac, when finally he rear-ended another vehicle. She said no one was hurt, thank God. We definitely have to remain vigilant of the people we come in contact with. Thanks again!

MARLYP

Posted By: DC2Burke
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 1:29pm
This morning I was slugging from Rolling Valley to L'Enfant. A couple of minutes after leaving RV, the slug seated next to me in the rear seat pulled out his Ipod and cranked the volume up. He was wearing earphones, but I could hear the music and I assumed the driver could too. I thought it was inappropriate, but did not think it was my place to say anything. After a few minutes the driver asked the other slug to turn down his music. It was so loud he could not hear the driver's request, and I had to gesture to him to pass along the message.

Posted By: zansmom
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 4:17pm
In reference to the entire thread {loud car music, loud headphones, offensive lyrics, offensive message board replies, religious oxymorons, and just plain hypocritical comments}:

PEOPLE, WE ARE ALL ADULTS. WE ARE ALL OBVIOUSLY GAINFULLY EMPLOYED AND SIMPLY TRYING TO GET TO WORK IN A SAFE, EFFICIENT, COST-EFFECTIVE MANNER. IF WE'D JUST USE SOME "RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS" ALONG WITH SOME CONSIDERATION OF OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS, OUR COMMUTES AND OUR LIVES WOULD GO SO MUCH SMOOTHER.
[8D] [8D] [8D]

Posted By: HOVME
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 2:23pm
Just one example why I am so glad I have a hybrid and don't have to bother with any of this nonsense.

HOVME

Posted By: Bodybykids
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:27am
quote:
Originally posted by HOVME

Just one example why I am so glad I have a hybrid and don't have to bother with any of this nonsense.

HOVME

Why are you on this website and even commenting?

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 11:04am
quote:
Originally posted by Bodybykids

quote:
Originally posted by HOVME

HOVME

Why are you on this website and even commenting?

LOL[:D]

Nic

Posted By: tangelo53
Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:10am
quote:

OMG... Are you serious??? I really can't believe you are saying the driver needs to ask the rider what music they want to listen to. Wow--- are you new to slugging??

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net