Print Page | Close Window

610 Lot (new lot) TOWING TODAY!!!

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2524
Printed Date: 26 Jun 2024 at 7:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 610 Lot (new lot) TOWING TODAY!!!
Posted By: jojobean
Subject: 610 Lot (new lot) TOWING TODAY!!!
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 2:05pm
I have been told the Va State Police are towing those that parked illegally today!!

Replies:
Posted By: shelbybrynn
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 2:23pm
Yep, my boyfriend just passed through Mine Road lot and said there were about six tow trucks and a ton of state police in there towing people left and right. If you parked illegally at Mine Road you might want to have a back-up plan before you go home tonight!!

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2006 at 8:53am
Now that its the next day, can anyone comfirm towing?

:'}

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2006 at 9:01am
It was getting kinda cramped in there with minimal room to even drive through the lot. Take the bus or carpool to the lot.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Posted By: TROLL
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2006 at 10:19am
Uh-oh Spaghetti-oh's!
Is that the same lot they are installing a crane or some sort of junk yard assembly?

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 10:42am
guess no one can prove that anyone was towed. More gossip I suppose!

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 11:03am
As you can see from my previous posts, I am a genuine slugger who has been slugging for seven years now. My boyfriend called me at 2:00 that day to tell me he had passed through the lot (because we live off of Mine Road) and that there were a ton of state police cars and tow trucks there and they were towing people. I don't know why no one else has reported being towed but they were definitely there.

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 11:56am
Talked to another slug yesterday, said people were towed, but that didn't slow folks down it seems.

There's one black truck that always parks in the same spot up on the curb and apparently was affected.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 12:12pm
I think part of the problem is that the slugs that used to come here for good, useful information, no longer can count on the facts in this site. I wish admin could weed out these "trolls" and keep them from spreading bad information and bad karma on our slug site. That's my observation lately and I really would like to hear how many people were towed because it will eventually affect all of us 610 slugs if they start towing on a regular basis. So please, anybody know which cars they were towing and how many were actually towed? Anybody heard about towing from Lowes lately?

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 1:17pm
That's what I'm saying shelby, I've almost given up on this site myself. I would like to hear of proof that cars were towed or ticketed. Did any one think of calling the state po or county to see if they would tell or not, isnt that public knowledge?

I did notice a less cars in the lot one day last week (I think) in the afternoon, that might have been due to towing.

All these people that park around the edges of the aisles are making it dangerous to leave the lot in the afternoons. You cant see around them, and you have little room to maneuver. I hope you all get your tail ends dented in!

The people who are parking around the edges of the lot, up in the grass, are making muddy messes, as well as destroying the grass and eventually the cemented areas. I think they should expand the lot around the edges, less grass, more spaces.

And to you dingbats that I've seen driving BRAND NEW cars up onto and over that cemented sidewalk to park on the grass, I hope your car gets body damage, you get what you ask for when you play with stupidity!!! LOL, I made myself laugh!!

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 4:35pm
Yeah, I hate to say they should get towed because I know how much it sucks to have that happen but they can't say they weren't warned. Also, I don't know what would provoke people to park in the manner they have been parking. It is quite obviously illegal and obviously they are in the middle of the road but they still do it. Some people are truly clueless!!

Posted By: mycroftt
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2006 at 12:15pm
quote:
Originally posted by shelbybrynn
[br]Yeah, I hate to say they should get towed because I know how much it sucks to have that happen but they can't say they weren't warned. Also, I don't know what would provoke people to park in the manner they have been parking. It is quite obviously illegal and obviously they are in the middle of the road but they still do it. Some people are truly clueless!!

I think what motivates people to park in that manner is a shortage of legal parking spaces. On those ever more rare occasions that the lots are not filled beyond capacity, you don't see cars parked illegally.

Identifying the problem is the easy part though - it is the solution that is going to be tough. More parking capacity, more public transit to the lots, more work at home or altenate work schedule days for the feds - all these things need to be looked at. I think more people are driving north from Spotsylvania and other southern counties, too, so maybe putting in more lots farther south might help 610.

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2006 at 12:24pm
[?] Can't they go to lots that have available legal parking?

Posted By: tangelo53
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2006 at 2:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br][?] Can't they go to lots that have available legal parking?

Where would that be? From what I understand, both lots in Stafford are full around 6:45am. I think the Rt17/Rt 3 line really needs to get going so that the slugs coming from south of stafford have somewhere else to go besides 610 or Mine Rd. Until that happens, car are going to get towed...not enough parking available.

Posted By: slugdude
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2006 at 12:09pm
[:(!]I got towed the other day and was never warned....I am very disapointed. I got at the mine road lot at 6:30 and there was no available parking spaces. I have been slugging for almost 9 years and have never been tickted or towed. I think the state police have better things to do than towing cars in a commuter lot. Ticket the out of county stickers that park there. I believe the lot should be used only by stafford county residents...We pay the taxes here and we should have parking spaces available to park. I understand if you get there at 8:00 and there is no available parking but 6:30......give me a break.[:(!]

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 10:46am
True true...but what about all the out of state plates that park there? Should they be ticketed, even if they park in a legal space?

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 10:51am
Soooo...this is legal? Towing cars with out giving a warning?
How is that even fair?

Posted By: SillyBilly
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 10:52am
I had a dream once that I was towing a towtruck. then i smashed it with a building.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 10:58am
Yes, that's very interesting Billy.
So the towing thing...Is this a random towing company that does "roam towing" ?

Posted By: Kosmo Kramer
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 11:00am
Someone is towing my car!?!

Posted By: Jerry Seinfeld
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 11:01am
Oh relax! No one is going to tow your car.

Posted By: sbouncer
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 12:24pm
There was a report in the Free Lance Star last Thursday that was talking about the State Police efforts to unclog the commutert lots, they are towing cars that are illegally parked at the end of the rows and around the curb lanes when they impede the flow of traffic in there. So it is happening and it will continue to happen until the parking is expanded to allow for all of us the park legally.

Posted By: JK 14 n G
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 12:56pm
In response to Tangelo53's suggestion that Rt.17 "gets going"..it IS going! it's BEEN going, and we have plenty of room for parking! For drivers who think that there aren't slugs at the Rt. 17 lot in the morning, think again! You can get slugs until 8 am going to Pentagon, Crystal City, Rosslyn and downtown. Slugs, the only problem with parking at the rt. 17 lot is that the main way to get home is the Pentagon line, and that can be very lengthy in the evenings, since a lot of drivers have made a habit of dropping off at 610/Mine Rd. even though they go further south.

Let's fill up the Rt. 17 lot and ease up on Mine Rd.!!

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 1:07pm
There is plenty of parking at the lowes parking lot.

Posted By: duckduffer
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 1:27pm
Why weren't you warned? Did you leave you phone number on your windshield so the police can call you and ask you to come move your car? You know you parked illegally... You know you can be towed...
And why is that when a law is broken, it's always don't they have something better to do? Well don't we all wish that the police had nothing better to do than ticket and tow illegally parked cars? Sadly they do have better things to do but try to figure out what would happen if they let this chaos in the parking lot would be!

Folks... if you go to the lot and there are not parking spaces, do not make you own. You know why you shouldn’t. You know you are not special. There is a reason why there are spaces you can not park and why.

Posted By: duckduffer
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 1:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugdude
[br][:(!]I got towed the other day and was never warned....I am very disapointed. I got at the mine road lot at 6:30 and there was no available parking spaces. I have been slugging for almost 9 years and have never been tickted or towed. I think the state police have better things to do than towing cars in a commuter lot. Ticket the out of county stickers that park there. I believe the lot should be used only by stafford county residents...We pay the taxes here and we should have parking spaces available to park. I understand if you get there at 8:00 and there is no available parking but 6:30......give me a break.[:(!]

Posted By: tangelo53
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 12:35pm
When I got to the 610 (main lot)this morning, 2 State troopers pulled in right behind me. Not sure if they were there to ticket/tow, but I haven't seen State troopers there, only Stafford cops.TONS of people park illegally at the main 610 lot...so if they were indeed there to ticket or tow, I am sure it is still going on!! There are probably more cars parked illegally than parked legally in that lot.[:p]

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 12:49pm
[^] As "Bob" (a very wise man) once said:
One takes one's chances when one chooses to park illegally. [;)]

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 1:09pm
BOB say: No eat yellow snow

BOB say: No spit into wind

Posted By: Freud
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2006 at 1:30pm
I thought that there was parking available at the Staffordborough lot? I always see slugs getting off of the Fred bus at the Mine Road lot and this is after 7 a.m.

The parking is a major problem around here and I think they need to make another parking lot since Stafford has grown even more.

But you have to admit that its dangerous having cars parked around the curbs: you can't see around them to make a turn and people are still driving through the lot like its the Richmond Speedway despite the speed bumps and they come around these cars like no one else is trying to squeeze by on the other side.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2006 at 9:03am
What's really dangerous is those cars parked on the freeway awaiting other drivers to pick them up.It's like a parking lot right there on that one part of I-95. Cars all over the place! Yikes!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net