Print Page | Close Window

Meeting Other Slugs

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2014
Printed Date: 25 Jun 2024 at 7:48pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Meeting Other Slugs
Posted By: vabigblue
Subject: Meeting Other Slugs
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 10:39am
Just as a survey - has any of you who contribute to Slug-Lines.com ever met anyone in person who contribute to this message board?

Replies:
Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 11:07am
I have not. As far as I know. Maybe I have. Maybe we should wear our Slug-Lines.com handles on a name tag or something.... :)

Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 11:27am
I've started bringing it up in conversation with something like "I read on slug lines.com...." to see if anyone else at least reads this site. I'm starting to think there's more lurkers reading it than slugs.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Posted By: shahedC
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 12:06pm
Yes, I do know someone from this board!

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 12:16pm
I have...remember that one person (can't remember the screen name, but I'm sure you can find it in archived posts) who was campaigning REALLY hard for the slug lines to start at the Courthouse Road lot in Stafford?? I met that person, they rode home with me once. They was actually really nice. Not at all like the person who posted all those commercials for the 630 lot and dissed all the 610 riders/drivers.

Posted By: ohio 7
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 12:22pm
At two meetings concerning HOT I found out who RobertLangDirect was. I'm sure there were other board contributers there but how would I know who was who?

I think a lot of slugs lurk, but I don't see any reason for non-slugs or other drivers to even bother with this site unless they are directly involved. You'd have to be pretty bored to follow these threads. However, they are entertaining at times.

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 6:58am
vabigblue,
You men you've never been to one of the annual spring SlugFests at the 123 slug lot? [:0] Food, fun, frolic, music, dancing, and fellowship with several thousand of our favorite slug buddies and drivers. [^] Look for ads next March and April in your local paper!
(just kiddin') [:p]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 7:37am
Never been to the Slugfest. I like frolicking at Entre Nous in DC though!

Posted By: miltrade
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 8:51am
mirangus, I was the person trying to get the courthouse road lot started up again, but I don't ride with anyone as I am a driver every day. You must have been with an impostor.

Posted By: emancilla
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:02am
No, I haven't.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:07am
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br]vabigblue,
You men you've never been to one of the annual spring SlugFests at the 123 slug lot? [:0] Food, fun, frolic, music, dancing, and fellowship with several thousand of our favorite slug buddies and drivers. [^] Look for ads next March and April in your local paper!
(just kiddin') [:p]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Actually SluDge, that's not a bad idea. It might be fun to meet some of the people you "talk" to everyday.

Posted By: WBSlug7
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:03pm
I ride with someone that's on the site often, I recognized the plates from the ID name. I have also met a guy that was one of the pioneers of the Crystal City slug line.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!

Posted By: SpongeBob
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:37pm
It's easy to meet people, if you get out a little. Or just pay attention. I've met KatieM, Bob, JiggaJynx, 13YearSlugger (an old friend,) RLD hisself, shirons, Sheepish, and more.

Of course, people tend to introduce themselves to you when you're six feet tall, square, and yellow. Tends to be a conversation starter, that.

We have a very human little community here, don't we?

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 5:46pm
quote:
Originally posted by miltrade
[br]mirangus, I was the person trying to get the courthouse road lot started up again, but I don't ride with anyone as I am a driver every day. You must have been with an impostor.

Darn, you're gonna make me go back to the archives and look for their name again, huh?? Just Kidding...

She never said if she was "starting the line" per se, but I remember she was pretty militant about it. Really ticked some people off on this message board, too, because she was putting down all the 610 people and trying to guilt people into using the 630 lot.

Someone, back me up here. This was the person that logged on about 200 posts in a month or something, absolutely RAVING about the 630 line.

Arrrrgggghhhh...LOL. Now it's gonna bug me...I'll go look...stay tuned...

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 5:51pm
shelbybrynn...that was the name...

now I'll sleep tonight...

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 7:34am
I'd like to meet Sponge, do you have a buddy Patrick? I have said the "I read on sluglines...", but only one person said they read, not post. Oh well! I know your out there! I still say we need a logo....

:'}

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net