Print Page | Close Window

Do Not Ride With!

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1545
Printed Date: 19 May 2024 at 7:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Do Not Ride With!
Posted By: koakui
Subject: Do Not Ride With!
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 9:34am
I can't find the Do Not Ride With List so here it is.

Details: Pick up point was Potomac Mills 2/14/05, gray/silver Chrylser - new one, husband and wife - Middle Eastern descent, Going to 14th Street

Picked up at Potomac, decided en route to go to L'Enfant area, sat in traffic forever, weaving and bobbing around 12th Street, tried to drop me off at 13th & G but I refused, finally took me to 14th & NY

I was late to work because of this. I work all the way on 15th & K so being dropped in an area like 13th & G and already being late and add the cold and rain - it was too much.

Had they stayed on 14th like we agreed on, we would have made it up 14th before 9:00.

Don't ride with them unless you are looking for a tour of the city.

Cruisin in HOV

Replies:
Posted By: PanaRican
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 2:01pm
If you were going to go to 15th & K then you should have left your house earlier so that you could wait for a car that was going that far instead of settling for a ride that was "close enough" and then complaining about it later. It's a free ride, what do you expect?? = p

Besides, you never make it to work on time!

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 2:41pm
Pana, there's nothing wrong expecting to be dropped off at the place you were told the car was going when it picked you up. If they told Koakui they were going to 14th, then to 14th they should have gone. That's common courtesy.

Posted By: pb1974
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 8:32am
I agree with Carleric. When I slugged out of Hechinger's, there was this one woman who would say that she was going to 14th and Penn; however, if you got in her car, and actually wanted off at Penn, she'd try to drop you off on 14th and Constitution. I got into her car a few times, not paying attention, and she did that to me every time. I finally wised up when I saw her, and passed her by. It's a free ride, yes, but it is not asking too much to be dropped off at the destination the driver herself mentioned! It IS common courtesy and decency.

Posted By: ohio 7
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 2:40pm
quote:
Originally posted by PanaRican
[br]If you were going to go to 15th & K then you should have left your house earlier so that you could wait for a car that was going that far instead of settling for a ride that was "close enough" and then complaining about it later. It's a free ride, what do you expect?? = p

Besides, you never make it to work on time!

Maybe you should read the driver rules - are you never late! It doesn't matter if she was late or not, nor if it is a free ride - a driver should go where they say they are going. PERIOD!!

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2005 at 8:27am
Agree. Drivers should drop off where they say, not someplace completely different. I don't agree with "Besides, you never make it to work on time!" comment because it is seldom I am late and I slug everyday. Of course the Pentagon is a straight shot and the metro from there is quite reliable.

Posted By: EnufisEnuf
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2005 at 10:17am
Pana, you must not slug. Slugging is a great way to get to and from work. If drivers and riders work together most times no one is late. Sometimes due to traffic or such, a person can be late but normally this is not the case. How it works is that when a driver says they are goig somewhere they aren't supposed to deviate off of the agreed upon route. In this case they did without koa's consent. This made that person late. I'm happy they posted this. I'll look out for that car. I go to Potomac myself so I'll be on the look out. Pana, I know you are trying to help on some level but by being negative to this post, it doesn't promote slugging at all. Please think before you post. Have a great day!

Posted By: JK 14 n G
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 1:30pm
I couldn't find the DO NOT RIDE LIST either, but here is my contribution:

The vehicle: White Mustang Convertible, tan top, newer model, dangling hawaiian leis from the rearview

The Driver: white female, mid-late 20's

The Pick up: Rt. 17 lot around 7:45 am to the Pentagon

The Offense: DRIVING IN EXCESS OF 95MPH on the HOV, swerving in and out of lanes....and....the back of the vehicle is just too small to accomodate rear passengers, especially with a child's carseat taking up precious space.

Seriously, folks....95mph is dangerous, and she didn't even seem to notice....

Let's fill up the Rt. 17 lot and ease up on Mine Rd.!!

Posted By: JiggaJynx
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 8:24am
You may not think this is worthy of "Do not ride with," but this driver made me too nervous. I'll avoid in the future:

Time: 6 a.m.
Car: Red Ford, smallish (Focus?)
Plate: 2391LF
Reason: Had Blackberry out checking e-mails most of the way up. Had to brake hard a couple of times on wet pavement.

Posted By: sluDgE
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 12:17pm
JJinx,
And to think you would have to pay good money for a thrill ride like that at King's Dominion!
It could have been worse if the driver was putting on make-up, shaving, or using a cell phone at the same time.
We hope you have a better experience going home tonight.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Posted By: PanaRican
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2005 at 4:45pm
BTW - Just my two cents again, me and Koa exchange slugging stories all the time. My original post was a joke considering we work together and her encounter with this driver was definitely worth posting. I didn't think anybody would respond to it like you all did. Either way, some drivers are nuts!

Posted By: dkerley
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2005 at 2:42pm
Here is the Do Not Ride List:

http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=312

Dina

Posted By: dhdslug
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 10:35am
DO NOT RIDE WITH C AVERY, GOLD HONDA ACCORD. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!!
I have been picking up slugs from the Stafford Route 610 lot (behind McDonalds) for about ten weeks, now. This morning I had my first bad experience at the lot with ANOTHER DRIVER. There are very few riders on Friday mornings so I was sitting in the line of cars patiently waiting my turn. There were about 8 cars in front of me and 1 gray SUV behind me. A gold Honda Accord with vanity plates of C AVERY drove into the lot and cut in front of me and the car behind me. I got out of my car and approached him and told him that the end of the line was "over there," pointing to the end of the line. He said, "No. The line comes in from both directions." I said, "We've been waiting in line, obviously. You can't just cut in front of us." He said, "You can get in front of me, if you want to. Go ahead." When the line moved forward, I swung around him and got into place in front of him, however, the SUV behind me was so disgusted with the situation, they left the lot. I picked up two slugs, finally, and as I pulled out to leave, the guy in the Honda Accord had the nerve to flip me off!!!

Posted By: mikester
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 1:59pm
Where are these speeding people when I'm slugging. I get the ones that stay in the right lane doing 65 all the way. I love the speeders

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 2:27pm
In the right lane, hell, thats lucky!

GMHP was hea!

Posted By: BabblinB
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 12:06pm
THAT GUY IS a LUNATIC!!!!!! Driving off the road and almost into the river.It's not dukes of hazard guys!

Posted By: BabblinB
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 12:10pm
vabigblue- I agree, I don't like it when the driver doesn't feel like making that left turn so he drops me off 2 miles from the lot. Thanks Guy in the red Civic!

Or when they stop off in at the bar and forget that there are people (slugs) Waiting to go home! The guy calls a cab, and there we sit. a car, three hungry/annoyed slugs, and NO DRIVER.
Why me?

Posted By: shelbybrynn
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2006 at 12:46pm
I wish admin would get rid of the SlugsBitch2Much and BabblinBs out there along with all these cell phone distributors. Please lets get a moderator...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net