Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Distracted Driver @ Rolling Valley

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmkay123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Distracted Driver @ Rolling Valley
    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:11am

I greatly appreciate all drivers, and I'm fine if someone needs to take a quick call while driving or riding. However, I have concerns when the phone becomes a distraction that contributes to added risk for the driver and passengers.
I've driven with the same driver two days in a row, departing Rolling Valley commuter lot at 7:20am. This driver is on her phone for the entire ride to the pentagon, and has even used video chat while driving.

video_chat_driver

She cuts off other drivers without signaling lane changes and jams on the brakes when she fails to see the cars in front slowing down. She also forgets where her passengers are going, and I had to interrupt her call to remind her to take a turn when she started turning the opposite direction.

Please be aware of a female driver in a teal Hondo Pilot, departing Rolling Valley lot between 7:15a and 7:30a, destined for Rosslyn or Pentagon North. It's your call if you want to accept a drive from this person, but I will politely pass to the next person in line if I run into her again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic