Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner RD verses Telegraph RD Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MeliMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner RD verses Telegraph RD Slugs
    Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 3:59pm
I pick up at Navy Yard in the evening.  There you have a choice of Horner road or Telegraph road in Woodbridge.  Here is the rub:  I shout out Horner Road, people confirm and hop in the car.  When I get to Horner and announce 2nd lot (the pick up lot), why is it that someone always says are you going to Telegraph Rd?  Then get huffy when I say sorry no, I am not going that far.  

I just gave you a free ride 26 plus miles and you want me to spend more of my gas and time to drive you to another lot, that I did not call out in the beginning, that is 400 yards away but though congested traffic that when I have done it, people walking get there before my car!  That I would have been home if not for your request!  

I just feel that these folks are trying to take advantage of drivers.  I just drove through some of the worst traffic and you can't walk a few feet?  Why not say in the beginning that you are going to Telegraph?  Wait for the next car!  A little exercise would not hurt!  Don't huff and shut my door hard because I did not cave to your request!  I will take people to Telegraph Rd if it is raining or snowing, I am not totally insensitive!  

Just wanting to get other's ideas about this and if they have experienced similar.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic