Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDynamic Tolling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic Tolling
    Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 6:47am
Does anyone understand it? I've sent 2 emails asking the simple (or so I thought) question: Are the tolls based on volume in the HOT lanes or on the volume in the regular lanes.

Both time I got a non-answer to that question, but instead got some gibberish about many factors being involved in the toll setting such as wear and tear on the pavement, road crews, the technology being used, etc...

And there's always the "please check our website for more info" suggestion. If the website had the info, I wouldn't have emailed them to begin with.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 8:42am
Yeah, I think the formula looks something like this:

(Volume_Regular_Lanes)(X) + (Volume_HOT_Lanes)(Y) + (Holiday)(Z) + (Weather)(XYZ) = PRICE

[:D]

KeithO
lstumpy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lstumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 1:52pm
You raise the price of admission during peak periods, and fewer drivers will ride in those lanes.
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 1:32pm
Did you think you would get an real answer from Transurban? It is very arbitrary, depends on their mood at the time.
kilotara82 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilotara82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 9:05pm
I feel the rates are insanely high!!

Tara
dianep View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 2:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by kilotara82

I feel the rates are insanely high!!

Tara

I was shocked one day last week when one way from Fairfax County Parkway to Dale Boulevard was over $15. There wasn't even an accident on I-95 South at that time. CRAZY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic