Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat's going on?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's going on?
    Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 7:59am
I retired last August and have been wondering how the HOT lanes are working out.

Dale H
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 7:04am
Lucky you. Well the back up has moved from 234 to 610 but it's not quite as bad - at least at 4:15. There is a slow down in the morning at 610 where everyone is jockeying to get onto the lanes. The true test will be after Memorial Day.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 7:55am
The lanes are working out great. Saves me 15-30 mins when I slug now.

KeithO
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 10:27am
Well, I experienced the one good thing about the lanes the other day. Saw a hybrid (with CF plates) stop to pick up slugs.
izaocasio View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izaocasio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:33pm
It can be rather costly so many people are avoiding.

gow
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 8:55am
I believe the recent reports stated that they are collecting about $100,000 per day in tolls so there are a fair number of people taking advantage of them.

Overall they've been running pretty smoothly, have eliminated about 15-20 minutes of evening commute to 610 in both HOT and main lanes. There is still a learning period on which is the worst backup on holidays and summer Fridays (HOT or main) but for the most part just about everyone I've talked with is pleased with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic