Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Slug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spectrenav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Slug
    Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 3:48pm
I'm a new slug--at it just 3 months. I use the Stafford (Mine Rd.) lot to get to the Pentagon. I'm continually amazed at what a great system this is. I get to the lot at 6 AM every morning and have yet to wait longer than 15 minutes to get a ride. The same applies in the afternoon for the trip south. The "no talking" norm is perfect for me. I read, sleep, think, pray, and/or daydream--it's my time, 2 hours a day! It's fascinating to ride in a different vehicle twice a day--to get a glimpse into someone else's life. And it's free! Just how wonderful is that? I put 2 miles a day on my own car. Now, I realize I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I haven't stood in line in the winter. I haven't been stuck in endless traffic and needed to go to the bathroom. I haven't met anyone nasty. But, I will print this and keep it nearby in case I have an urge to complain one day. For now, I feel so grateful that my "dreaded DC tour" resulted in many positive experiences, of which slugging is just one of them.

Jerry
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 4:53pm
Welcome Jerry!!!

Even the small stuff isnt that bad. Enjoy slugging!

Thank you to all the drivers!!! Your awesome!

GMHP was hea!
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 7:54am
That's great spectrenav; a nice benefit (in addition to the big five; save time, save money, reduce pollution, reduce fuel consumption, reduce traffic congestion) is the friends you will make over time. Seeing the same smiling faces (although sleepy in the morning, stressed-out and tired in the evening) day in and day out, becomes like an extended family of sorts. We get to know each other on a first name basis, make small talk about our kids, vacations, retirement plans, etc., joke and rib eachother about the mundane things in life. Even this forum is an important part of the community. It makes the job of getting to work much more enjoyable.
Frazier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frazier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 5:10pm
I'm sure you will continue to have a great slugging experience, Spectrenav, and welcome. I slugged from the Quantico area to D.C. for 10 years and never, ever had a bad experience and met the most wonderful people from everywhere in the world. I always said I could write a book about all of the colorful personalities I met "hitchhiking" to and from work--the saying is true that every person has a story. The ride home was usually a bit more lively than the ride in the a.m.--it was so much fun sharing the day's ups (and downs) and on arrival at the commuter lot in the evening, one sort of felt a renewed spirit. You will make many many friends. Enjoy!!
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2006 at 11:31am
Welcome to the crowd Spec, slugging works great cause we all work to keep it great. Really enjoyed your report on your first expereiences.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic