Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TONIGHT at 7:00 (Naked Guatemalans...)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TONIGHT at 7:00 (Naked Guatemalans...)
    Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 4:26pm
In just a few hours we need everyone who can to attend the Eastern Breakout Session on Transportation between 5:00 and 9:00 p.m. at the Ferlazzo Building... details in this link:

http://www.pwcgov.org/default.aspx?topic=010087999990003206

and to participate in the discussion at 7:00 on Toll Roads... here is the agenda for that

http://www.pwcgov.org/default.aspx?topic=010087999990003207

At this point, do we even need to say why you should be there?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2005 at 6:52am
Sponge,
Did many "nekked gwatamallans" show up last night? [:p][?][:p]
How'd it go? [?][?][?][?][?]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2005 at 9:21am
Clark: We will provide 20 highly shined silver VRE cars and 40 new, 45MPH max grade climbing, metro buses if we get the deal.

Fluor: The problem isn't VRE cars or busses. We propose to give $250M, in cash, all unmarked small bills, to the Commonwealth Transportation Commission so that they may clearly see that our proposal is far superior.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2005 at 9:42am
SuzAnne, you are right. I frankly was disgusted with the obvious (apparently legal) "bribes" being offered. This really is a scandal of enormous proportions.

As for the turnout, it was very disappointing to me. I think only about 30? slugs were there. So for all of you folks that didn't bother coming, you probably harmed our cause. Hope you had a good reason for not being there because this is major.

article in potomac news today

http://www.potomacnews.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WPN/MGArticle/WPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031783861036&path=

Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2005 at 10:41am
Bob-- I am so glad to read that you also interpreted the immediate providing of money as "obvious bribes." Frankly, I came very close to mentioning that last night when I addressed the group... but chickened out in the end.

I also was very disappointed in the lack of turn out. I also tried to count, and I estimated no more than 30. Of course the weather didn't help--

Did the county do enough to get the word out? Hmmm-- don't think so...

Next up is the VDOT Advisory Panel meeting in PWC, the only one designed for public commentary.... NOTE: SaveHOV.org web page lists a different date for that meeting than VDOT's page.... I think VDOT may have changed the date? Hmmmm bait and switch???
Just wondering.....[?]

SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2005 at 12:31pm
What I love is when Groat says that when we understand the proposals we'll be all for it.

My answer to him is, when you understand I95, then you'll see why we aren't for it.

I suppose we must have looked pretty stupid to him last night.
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2005 at 1:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by RobertLangDirect
[br]I am sorry, I really let everyone down.

I was thinking about sending everyone an e-mail about this, but then though, aw schucks, I be accused of spam and worse.

You have to get the word out. Stand by for the next meeting and sh**, send out the spam too.

Robert,
You can add my email address to any contacts you have regarding HOT.

-Rob
shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2005 at 2:11pm
Sheepish - I'll get SaveHov.org updated tonight or tomorrow sometime with correct date. I would have to guess they changed the date, because when I originally created that page I just copy and pasted from their site. hmmm?

Talking to Corey Stewart last night we came up with the best way to demonstrate our concerns about HOT to these guys. Invite Gary Groat and Clark whatever his last name is to go for a ride on the HOV lanes with us. Pull over where the lanes get really narrow above the beltway and look them square in the eye and say "Get Out". If they think there is enough room to add a third lane there they shouldn't have any problems jumping right out. My guess is they'd start shaking and come up with a fast excuse - response is "now imagine this with a third lane and you have a flat tire."
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2005 at 2:03pm
Wait-- do this on a rainy day, in the winter right at 5pm when it's dark out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic