Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

children in line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvnslgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: children in line
    Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 1:15pm
This morning, I saw a lady with a young child (approx 4-6) in the slug line. I know tha tthe girl was of child-seat weight/height, etc. I left before I saw what happened, but I wonder if this woman was able to secure a ride. I have seen teenagers in line, sometimes w/parents and I have witnessed drivers refuse to take minors unaccompanied, which I can understand. Is there any policy or guidance on this?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 9:08am
Like seat belts, I would hope the driver would enforce the law (and common sense). Meaning, if the child is age/height/weight to require a child seat, or booster seat, I would hope they would refuse to take the child if the parent doesn't have the proper seat with them. Unless it's a simple booster seat needed, I would be surprised if a driver would be willing to take the time to buckle in a proper child seat.

For example, perhaps I would want to take my daughter to "Take your Daughter to Work Day". She's 9, and uses a simple booster seat (with the regular seat belt). It's small, portable, and takes 2 seconds to "install"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic