Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt 17 Slug sits in car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 11:59am
Well Scott will try to take a couple for you as some of the mine road slugs after started to do this as well. I don't get to lot in time to see.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 8:47am
I use the RT 17 Lot to slug regularly. I’m usually there by 0600 and picked up NLT 0630. I have NEVER seen any slugs just sit in their cars waiting for drivers to pullup. All spaces near the line fill quickly, so anyone sitting in their car would have to park some distance away and not be able to easily hear or see the drivers.
However, I have seen the Bus riders sit in their cars and leave bags on the walk to hold their place. The bus line is very near the slug line at 17, perhaps this is what is causing the confusion in this forum.

KeithO
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:45pm
Well said, RetiredMarine. I'm not a fan of enabling bad behavior, and I no longer allow people to cut right back in front of me, unless they ask me specifically. I just stand close enough to where they can't cut back in, and if they say, "Excuse me" I just say, "Excuse ME. You left the line." Pees them off big time but I have bigger fish to fry than worry about upsetting some selfish brat.

If folks don't want to wait in line, then they'd better stop slugging, because that's just the nature of this system.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 8:17am
Is it a multi-destination line? If so, the destination should be quietly announced to those standing in line before it is announced to the entitled few who sit in their cars.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 9:56am
I was at this lot for the first time in a while, at 5:30 - 6 this morning. I saw NO bags waiting in the growing slug line. There was, however, a queue of bags waiting for a bus ride on the other side of the sidewalk. So I think KeithO has it right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic