Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extremely rude rider Horner Road

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extremely rude rider Horner Road
    Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:42am
This morning I picked up a rider from Horner going to Pentagon who did not respond to me say good morning or thank you. When we reached our destination he proceeded to leave my car without speaking. I simply said youre welcome. The rider then became irate and says "oh so you thought I was ungrateful and didnt say thank you"? I told him he didnt say thank you. He gets angry and says hes never riding with me again, tells me to kiss his behind and slams my door. I thought this was completely out of line. The individual is on older heavy set caucasian man with white hair and glasses. He carries a big lunch bag and walks with a limp. Please avoid this angry man!!

LNC
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 10:22am
Wow, that is rude. I mean, I've seen some folks at Pentagon just go scope out a ride for themselves and not tell other riders who is going where, but that sure takes the cake. Geez. I always say "Thank you" when I get in and out of a driver's car, it's the polite thing to do.
lcroom View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 10:26am
I just thought it was proper slug etiquette to simply acknowledge the person youre riding with but I guess he doesnt agree with that concept.

LNC
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 10:28am
I agree with you, but the hard lesson I have learned is that here in DC, many folks think that playing by the rules, and manners, are for "other people." I just hope that guy isn't carrying a gun.
lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 1:59pm
I totally agree it's incredibly rude. I Personally, I always say thank you when getting into and leaving a car. But, don't take it personally. People have lost all sense of politeness and gratitude. Many times I hold the door for people and they don't say a word, I let a merging driver in and don't get a "wave." Just take it with a grain of salt. [:D]
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 8:35am
Lisad, I agree with you. However, when I hold a door for someone and they don't say a word, I'll just loudly say, "Oh, you are QUITE welcome!" They get the hint and sheepishly thank me. I don't like rude people very much, can you tell?[:p]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic