Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM Rolling Valley Confusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AM Rolling Valley Confusion
    Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 8:29am
I'm noticing that there are several slugs at Rolling Valley early-ish (before 6:30) who are telling drivers that there isn't a place for dropoff for Rosslyn. Why is this happening? I've ridden with several drivers who DO drop off at Rosslyn. This causes confusion. I've told a few slugs who are telling the drivers this, that there are drivers who do drop off so it is possible, but that doesn't seem to register. This morning, a driver called out for Rosslyn, the head slug told the driver no, apparently, as I started to walk towards the car, and the head slug told me to stop. Say what now??

What the heck is going on here?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:25am
That's weird - I'm at the line around 6 and there are several Roslyn slugs in line by then. The first Roslyn cars start coming around 6:10(ish). If there are no Roslyn slugs in line they'll either wait or go to Pentagon North.

Have you seen the caller(s) in line before? There seem to be some newbies, so maybe they just don't know...
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:52am
I'm not sure myself, but it's rather annoying to have people do that. I'm usually in the line by about 6:15-ish, depending on how long it takes me to walk from my house, and I've seen several drivers before, looking for Rosslyn slugs. I've seen these callers in line a few times and I've told them, nicely, that it's possible to get dropped at Rosslyn but they just don't seem to pay attention. It would be nice if the word could get out that there are some of us who DO go to Rosslyn, and to deny riders/drivers that, is just rude. :(

quote:
Originally posted by DC2RV

That's weird - I'm at the line around 6 and there are several Roslyn slugs in line by then. The first Roslyn cars start coming around 6:10(ish). If there are no Roslyn slugs in line they'll either wait or go to Pentagon North.

Have you seen the caller(s) in line before? There seem to be some newbies, so maybe they just don't know...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic