Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trooper Enforcement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trooper Enforcement
    Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 6:07pm
I'm usually heading south from DC to Springfield btw 4p and 445p. I havent' seen any hint of State Trooper enforcement on that section of the HOV lanes during that time in months - and yesterday I'd guesstimate that 1 out of 5 cars was a single occupant without clean fuel tags. Anyone else been noticing?

Flyby
ktolson View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktolson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 3:02pm
Sorry for the late reply, but just read your post. I believe that the absence of shoulders in the ever-changing HOT work zones accounts for the lack of HOV-3 enforcement. I don't think a cop in his right mind would make a traffic stop in one lane of two often barely moving HOV lanes. Only an imbecile would risk his safety (not to mention public ridicule and outrage)by causing the HOV lanes to scream to a halt so we can eventually crawl by and see what the flashing blue lights are all about.

I've seen cops enforcing HOV restrictions at the end of the exit ramp into the Horner Rd. lot in the evenings. It's like catching fish in a barrel. But I have to agree with you that enforcement seems to be pretty non-existent anywhere lately. I really don't know for sure what gives.

Katie Olson
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 9:08am
True that... This was the shoulder width as of last year:
http://slug-lines.com/forum2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13339

Now the shoulders don't exist at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic