Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ANYONE FOR RT. 208 (F'BG) TO PENT. AND BACK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staciw71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ANYONE FOR RT. 208 (F'BG) TO PENT. AND BACK
    Posted: 29 Apr 2005 at 11:51am
Is anyone interested in a slug line to/from the Rt. 208 Commuter Lot to/from the Pentagon? I would normally leave between 6:15-6:30, and return around 4:15-4:30, sometimes as late as 5 (I leave from Navy Annex, so it takes a few minutes to get there). I don't want to drive all the time, so I am looking for slugs/drivers.

Thanks!
Staci
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2005 at 1:18pm
Staci,
If Rt 3 gets any worse, I might just start coming home that way. You'd need quite a few slugs to get a sign up at the Pentagon. How bad is it for you to backtrack to Smith Station Road and take that over to Gordon, the up to the Rt 3 lot?
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 11:14pm
Why not just slug from Rt. 17? It's a few miles farther north but much closer to 95 than the Rt. 3 lot.

I usually use Rt. 3 as I come from that direction anyway, but I agree that a Rt. 208 line, if there's enough interest, would be a great idea.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 7:01am
Is the Fredericksburg morning weekday commuter traffic as bad as I-95 northbound through there on Sunday afternoons? [?]

We came up I-95 from through Fredericksburg from SC late yesterday afternoon, and traffic was at a crawl from the US-1 to US-17 exits. [:(] Never drove above 30 mph that entire distance, and there were no accidents. [V]

Anyone know why it's that way? Is there any thought to building an I-95 bypass around that tie-up?

Keep on sluggin' ![:)]
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 8:13am
Nothing personal sluDgE, but a large part of our southern Sunday (saturday, and Friday night too) tie ups are folks heading south or north for the weekend (Kings Dominion, VA Beach, Williamsburg, etc). Also at Rt 3 we have Central Park, which has ruined Rt 3 by attracting folks from all over. Since there's no good Rt 17 to Rt 3 alternate route, all the folks from south Stafford head our way for shopping.

Even during the week, it can take me 30 minutes to get from I-95 to the Rt 3 sluglot.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 12:19pm
Yep, Central Park is what ties traffic up on Rt. 3 itself, and many afternoons the traffic from Rt. 3 backs up the right hand lane on I-95 for a couple of miles.

Mornings it's a breeze to get from the Rt. 3 lot onto I-95, and I come from the west anyway to pick up slugs so it's not out of my way to get to Rt. 3. But from points south it seems to me that Rt. 17 is a much more convenient slug line to use.

I agree that weekend traffic on 95 is heavily unpredictable, and there's no good alternate route (except for Route 1, which is just as slow).
savannahr1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannahr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 10:42am
I would be VERY interested in slugging from the Rt 208 commuter lot. It's only two miles from my house.
SpotsySlugBug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsySlugBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2005 at 4:54pm
Me too Savannahr1. I'm right off Courthouse so that would be excellent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic