Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My letter from Senator Warner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My letter from Senator Warner
    Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 7:55pm
Finnally a republican that gives me a some what good answer..

http://www.pbase.com/robertstogsdill/image/39392408/original.jpg

-Rob
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 9:23pm
Thank you for posting the letter. I will likewise e-mail and snail mail the Senator.
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 9:45pm
Subaru - that wasn't a good answer. I believe that was a standard thanks-for-writing-me/there-there-you-little-twit answer written by a staffer and signed by an iron pen. I don't think Warner ever saw your letter. The "big men" are clueless to our HOV concerns -- Senators don't ride the HOV lanes, let alone sit in morning rush hour in the regular lanes.

No one is concerned but us slugs. Our representatives are just giving us lip service to our complaints. The people in the regular lanes could care less. Often times, I've seen the regular lanes running faster than HOV. Did you see how it was today? I never saw so many cheaters when the news went out that a truck was blocking the 495 outer-loop access ramp in Springfield. Cops? Not a one enforcing HOV violators. Why WOULDN'T someone take a chance and run the HOV? After all, how many people can they catch when there's NO COPS ON DUTY?!?
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 10:09pm
quote:
Originally posted by KatieM
[br]Subaru - that wasn't a good answer. I believe that was a standard thanks-for-writing-me/there-there-you-little-twit answer written by a staffer and signed by an iron pen. I don't think Warner ever saw your letter. The "big men" are clueless to our HOV concerns -- Senators don't ride the HOV lanes, let alone sit in morning rush hour in the regular lanes.

No one is concerned but us slugs. Our representatives are just giving us lip service to our complaints. The people in the regular lanes could care less. Often times, I've seen the regular lanes running faster than HOV. Did you see how it was today? I never saw so many cheaters when the news went out that a truck was blocking the 495 outer-loop access ramp in Springfield. Cops? Not a one enforcing HOV violators. Why WOULDN'T someone take a chance and run the HOV? After all, how many people can they catch when there's NO COPS ON DUTY?!?

Well I think we all know its a standard response. But Im glad that he acknowledged that VA is violatings federal statue. Hopefully something will come of that. I agree with you completly on the no enforcement in the mornings now. I NEVER see cars pulled over. Its ridiculous.

-Rob
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 11:18pm
Rob - Please forgive me if I seemed to dis you on the sharing of your letter. I'm a government employee and know how they do the "common man" (or woman) that inquires on ANYthing. Blah-blah-blah and thank-you-very-much-for-writing.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2005 at 11:07am
I saw on the TV news the other day that a couple of California congressmen are trying to get the federal law changed so that hybrids are no longer illegal. Great. We I guess we can assume that once the HOV is a parking lot they will do something
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2005 at 10:57am
If you are receiving a form letter, they tally the constituents' opinion. So if they get enough volume on a particular topic, they might take action.
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2005 at 4:05pm
quote:
[br]Subaru - that wasn't a good answer. I believe that was a standard thanks-for-writing-me . . .

Dear Katie M;

Usually, I would agree with you about the standard form letter, however, when it come to HOV and particularly the informal but most workable form of car-pooling that some denigrate as "slugging," the Senator, that is Senator Warner, is well aware of and very much a supporter of the same.

The resaon why I came that as a fact is from the spanking that his office regularly provides to the Pentagon security/facility folks, as they, from time to time, go about to do something that they think is best, like get rid of the slug lines.

The security folks can do whatever they want, but when it comes to doing things that mess with the Northern Virginia commute, they think twice about it, and when they do wrong, they immediately hear from Senator Warner's office, because we call and write, and e-mail.

Fuller Underwood II
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2005 at 1:58pm
I also am a government employee and we take EVERY comment and letter from EVERYONE seriously. They are ALL seriously considered and acted on and NEVER ignored. Pls. don't put us all in the same category as your experiences!!!

quote:
[br]Rob - Please forgive me if I seemed to dis you on the sharing of your letter. I'm a government employee and know how they do the "common man" (or woman) that inquires on ANYthing. Blah-blah-blah and thank-you-very-much-for-writing.

mfassler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfassler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2005 at 10:56am
Well, hopefully the Hybrids will soon pick up slugs...it's all we can hope for!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic