Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Theft Horner Road Jun 14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Theft Horner Road Jun 14
    Posted: 14 Jun 2004 at 9:59pm
Well after my mom drops me and my 2 friends off at the lot this evening around 4:10. My friend gets a wonderful surprise. His car door is slightly open and his steering column is ripped apart, and his CD player is gone. Then we notice that his 2 10" subs and amp have been pulled out of the back and were ready for taking. Which leads us to believe that they were about to take the rest of the stuff but were interupted by someone. The car is a 98 Acura Integra. We normally try to park all 3 of our cars near the entrance of Prince William parkway because it seems to be the safest part of the lot but I guess not. The police officer believes the thieves were trying to take the whole car since the steering column is broken and he can no longer turn the wheels. $200 later after being towed home we find out that a few precious items were stolen from his glove box. Also his shift knob was stolen. I guess people cant just make an honest living anymore. Everyone please be on the watch out and make sure you secure all your items at HR. Im even scared about my car [V] If anyone saw anything today, please email me at robertstogsdill@mac.com Thanks!
BE SAFE!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2004 at 8:04am
Yeh, that's too bad Subaru. Your friend definitely did not deserve that. Their car was probably singled out for the equipment he/she had in it. There must be some way security can be increased at Horner Road, or any other lot for that matter. Maybe the county can contract out that service.
jc9 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2004 at 12:06pm
Sorry to hear about the theft. I agree that the items stolen may have been what singled out the car, but I know someone who had a radio stolen recently, too. Just an ordinary, bottom of the line radio. Thankfully, it was the only item, and they didn't damage the window. I think they wanted the radio b/c at first glance they saw it wasn't stock. The police said they can't do anything - they just took a report. I wish they at least had security cameras there. Probably wouldn't do too much - they really need officers patrolling the area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic