Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Future Washington Navy Yard Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren Welsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future Washington Navy Yard Slugs
    Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 10:10am
Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Springfield in the near future and were hoping to find someone who currently drives to the Washington Navy Yard from any of the Springfield SLUG lots? Or, does anyone know of a SLUG lot that has multiple drivers who go to the Washington Navy Yard?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

V/r,
Lauren Welsh

LGW
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 1:12pm
Lauren - not sure this helps, but it's rare that cars come by Rolling Valley for the Navy Yard (at least between 6 and 6:30am). There are a few slugs in line who go there, but they take a ride to L'Enfant and then make there way over.

Good luck.
smithma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 8:38pm
I drive from Sydenstricker to WNY every day - not many direct riders. I usually pick-up and drop-off slugs at Pentagon. Would love to get a Springfield to WNY/DOT slug line started.
Lauren Welsh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren Welsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 2:57pm
My husband and I live about 5 minutes from Sydenstricker and would love to set up a carpool with you (we both work at the WNY). What time do you try to pick-up/drop-off?

LGW
tmurphy77 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmurphy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 1:05pm
We have an established carpool near Sydenstricker, that goes to the WNY each day. We only have 3 riders, and are looking for a 4th for flexibility. No cost to you if you care to join. We leave at 6:45 from a house near the intersection of Hooes Rd and Silverbrook Rd. Typical arrival at WNY is 7:20. We then leave WNY between 3:45 and 4:00 (depending on morning arrival time).

The departure times will be readjusted after furloughs are lifted.

Let me know if you are interested. You can contact me directly at tommurphy77@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Tom
tmurphy77 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmurphy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 1:10pm
Lauren, realizing there are two of you, we can fit you both as we have a mini van. Let me know if those times and starting location work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic