Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unwarranted Police Action AGAINST Commuters!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluglord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 3:15pm
What exactly is the protocol for the drivers running out of gas on the freeway?
Are we to pitch in and help or is it the drivers responsibility to get the situation fixed?
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 11:33am
quote:
Originally posted by sluglord

I once saw a car towed by police in the lot . . . if people (drivers) Are running out of gas?

A basic question first, what does running out of gas have to do with being towed?

Next, the only cars that we know of being towed, recently, were two cars that clearly blocked in a slew of other drivers. This was not part of the "crack-down," other than it came after flyers went out and AFTER A HALF DOZEN blocked-in commuters called the PWC PD to get relief.
Jerry Senfield View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 12:58pm
Ahhh. but if there is no place for a car to park while waiting for riders, where does the car turn?

Has anyone seen the cars without drivers? The engines are running but no drivers? Does the car then just drive off by itself?
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 1:07pm
Well, Suzanne, the towing does occur if the driver of the car that ran out of gas, leaves to retrieve gasoline but doesn't return for two hours....the car is towed....and three slugs and a half witted man holding a gas can stand there confused.
Go to youtube.com, type in guitar hero 2 free bird.
You'll understand my frustration then.
BC018384 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC018384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 4:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by sluglord

What exactly is the protocol for the drivers running out of gas on the freeway?
Are we to pitch in and help or is it the drivers responsibility to get the situation fixed?

The proper protocol if a driver runs out of gas? Are you serious? I think you have 3 options.

1) Call a friend to help you.
2) Walk to a gas station and get some gas.
3) Ask yourself why you ran out of gas and then promise yourself that starting tomorrow you will make a better effort to be smarter.

Is it the rider's responsibility to help? You can't make this stuff up.
Trailwalker View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trailwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 2:39pm
You guys are the reason I stopped picking up slugs. And no, I have never run out of gas.

Trailwalker
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 10:17am
Well I would think it was the drivers responsibility, but when the guy is like " oh man I guess we are out of gas" I mean what do you do? Report the guy to the Slug councel?

Then he asks if someone can go to the gas station for him.
I mean what nerve.
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 11:39am
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Senfield

Well, Suzanne....the car is towed....and three slugs and a half witted man holding a gas can stand there confused.

Wait! They towed the car while you were there, with gas? I think someone was slow on the uptake or taken advantage of.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 12:41pm
We were in the HOV lane and you know the Virginia Troopers. They don't care. They just wanted us out of the way and it was almost like there was a tow truck hiding in the bushes, waiting......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic