Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

getting to DC on the 20th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting to DC on the 20th
    Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 1:46pm
I have 4 VRE train tickets to DC and back on the 20th that we can no longer use (long story).

Depart Leeland Road VRE station 6:17 AM (Leeland Road is off Deacon Road, in South Stafford county - big, free parking lot). Arrive L'Enfant Plaza (two blocks from Air and Space) at 7:34. Depart L'Enfant 1:51 PM, return 3:10. They are $25 each. Please email me if interested - I think my email is enabled if you are signed in. Or post here and I'll get back to you.

Thanks
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 9:18am
I have tried to send myself an email using my name link and cannot. Not sure if that is because you can't send to yourself, if I have an over zealous SPAM filter at work, or what. But if you are interested, please post - especially if you have emailed and haven't heard back from me.

Thanks
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 10:10am
Or call me at the office: 202-479-9030 ext 231.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 5:05pm
OK, so now call me at home 540-752-7379
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 11:33am
Ok, so did anyone go into work on Tuesday? If so, how did you do it? And how cruel are your supervisors really?

Slug'n till 2013 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 12:51pm
I did NOT go to work. We got very late word that we had permission to work at home (earlier had been told we did NOT have permission to work at home) - with an approved work plan. The dictator of that policy lives and works in Houston and has NO CLUE. But of course, as my gov't customers all had the day off, I ended up with nothing to do (not a single email) - so ended up using a day of leave.

Part of me understands - why should my for profit company pay me to not work. We can't bill the government, why should they have to eat it. Part of me heard someone mumble that some government CoTARS were giving contractors permission to charge their day. No standards, no system, no fairness. But hey, we're grown ups. We know the world isn't fair.

Right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic