Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suddenly_22554 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie Questions
    Posted: 14 Mar 2006 at 8:45am
I am thinking about slugging and have absolutely NO idea what to do.
I currently leave Stafford at 4:45-5:00 am. and leave DC at 3 pm from the general area between L'Enfant (GSA) and/or anywhere near the Dept. of AG... I work at 12th & Maryland SW.
Is this too early to slug???
Can anyone give me some general tips?
Is there a welcoming committee?
(do people throw things at you when you're the new person in line??[;)])

Any and all info would be appreciated!
Thanks!!
Suddenly

~It's the kind or organisation where the lunatic fringe extends right to the center~
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2006 at 10:05am
Get in line in front of me at 5am and I'll throw you in front of the next vehicle pulling up!

Ok, seriously, what's happening at the times you're talking (e.g. 445-500) is there is an overabundance of slugs, but very few drivers. The drivers start cranking thru there about 530 in earnest. Showing up that early is resulting in folks waiting for 45 minutes for a ride on a regular basis. This is a Mine Rd experience, your mileage may differ at the 610 lot.

Oh, you probably won't find any rides to DC direct at that time.

Coming from the North, no ideas.

Welcoming committee...yeah, there's coffee and donuts along with a pretty little welcoming bag that has a nice pink ribbon tied to it....GMAB.

Good questions. Appreciate the humor/levity "attempts". Hope mine lived up to your expectations!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2006 at 4:02pm
My goodness, are people actually at the lot that early? No wonder the lot is full by 6:30!! I tried to slug in at 5:30 to 14th once, I can verify nosb, I stood there a good 40 minutes before cars started to roll up to the line. What are your hours? Do you have to be in that early?

:'}
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2006 at 6:18am
Yep, I'm to be at my desk at 0600, but I roll out of here (actually run more than roll) NLT 3pm. Good getting home with daylight still to enjoy.

I thought I'd have to drive, but tried the slugging routine and it's working for the most part.

I am all for lengthening the HOV hours, esp after seeing the massive increase in 0500 traffic on 95 over the past 4 years (since I retired from active military service). Spent more than 3 years driving myself and 3.5 years ago it was somewhat bearable at 0500, not so now.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
suddenly_22554 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suddenly_22554 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2006 at 6:33am
Thanks for the info NOSB - (and the humor, I think)

Can anyone give any ideas about the other lots??

~It's the kind or organisation where the lunatic fringe extends right to the center~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic