Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New slugger - Is my schedule feasible if I slug?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New slugger - Is my schedule feasible if I slug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilmssunshine10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New slugger - Is my schedule feasible if I slug?
    Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 3:46pm
Hello- Bear with me if this is the wrong forum. I'm evaluating whether to take a slug line to Rosslyn (via Potomac Mills) and metro to DC or take one in to Pentagon City and metro from there. My goal is to get to a line by 5:30/6am, slug, then metro by 7am/7:30 to McPherson Square. Then, leave work NLT 3:30 so I can get my kid in Manassas by 5:30/6pm.

I have NO clue how long slugging takes from the time you par to the time you arrive. Does anyone know whether this schedule is feasible, fairly reliable, or have any recommendations? Thank you!!!!!

Desperate newbie.... Help!
Me
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 10:54am
Why take the metro?....just take a 14th St ride and get off at H St.
Lilmssunshine10 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilmssunshine10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 3:47pm
Hi Scott,

Is that really close to 1120 Vermont Avenue, per chance? Do you know how long the walk is? Really neat tip. Appreciate the advice. I do NOT know DC, so I have no idea what is near what...

Do you happen to know, on average, how long that ride may be?

Cheers!
SW
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 8:48am
If that's your final address, then you'll want to find a 14th and K St ride (2 block walk after drop off)

the ride....it's usually quick. I can usually be door to door (that includes driving to and parking at the slug lot, getting a ride, walking, etc) in 40-45 mins. That's slugging from Springfield BTW.
Fed slave View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fed slave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 12:00pm
There's also OmniRide in Manassas to DC. I'm still trying to figure this out. I have to be 810 Vermont Ave/McPherson Square 0830AM-430PM, but don't want to drive...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic