Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To: drivers at 610 lot in AM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To: drivers at 610 lot in AM
    Posted: 30 May 2008 at 1:38pm
Why can't the drivers at the 610 lot follow the proper procedure for getting in line for slugs? It is such a mess at that lot. For some reason, the drivers do not want to drive around the correct way, so they take the short cut and end up cutting in line. I cannot tell you how frustrating this is when there are already 10 cars in front of you and you are waiting for 15-20 minutes and then this happens!! PLEASE get in line like the rest of us.

To slugs: please do not hop in their cars. If they get bypassed, maybe they will start getting in line the proper way.
Sorry for venting! [:(!]
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 9:05pm
Did you point out to any of them, the correct line for pickups?

First time I picked up there, I accidentally cut the line, and someone politely pointed it out to me. I looked where the end of the line was, and didn't pick up there any more.

Don't know if it has gotten better since the new lot opened.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
Paula View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 12:05pm
The line seems to go both ways. We see which way it's winding around and then get in line. But I've seen people cut into an already established line.

But we've since found that if we get to the lot about 6:40AM, there are more slugs than cars, so no one is really waiting that long anyway.
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 2:44pm
quote:
Originally posted by 122582

Did you point out to any of them, the correct line for pickups?

First time I picked up there, I accidentally cut the line, and someone politely pointed it out to me. I looked where the end of the line was, and didn't pick up there any more.

Don't know if it has gotten better since the new lot opened.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!

No, it hasn't gotten any better. Happened again this morning. I see many people get out of their cars to let them know they are going the wrong way, but it doesn't help. Those cars can definitely see the line forming right in front of you the other way around...I really don't understand why they continue to do this. It just makes it a mess and the people that are doing it the right way are the ones suffering.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 9:01am
I hate to tar an entire group for the bad actions of a single individual but a couple of weeks ago I experienced some rudeness on the part of a driver who pulled into the 610 old lot the "wrong" way, i.e. pulling into the first entrance and taking a left.

I had pulled in the "right" way - going all the way to the far entrance and driving back to the Pentagon line. When I got there, a couple of "wrong way" drivers [;)] had already made the line of cars turn back towards the first entrance. I just shrugged and decided to join them, driving past and turning around to get at the end of the line. While attempting to make the multi-point turnaround, another "wrong-way" driver [:D]pulling in sees what I am doing and tries to dart past me to take a spot in front of me in the line of cars. This complicated my maneuver as I had to block the SOB while trying to turn around in close quarters.

So the question is are the wrong-way drivers a bunch of rude bastards or did I just happen to get lucky that day.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 11:20am
Are there any signs that tell drivers where they are supposed to line up? The only sign I see is if you take the "correct" way and the small sign points you to take a left into the pickup lane. I'm sure there are a lot of drivers that just don't know they are supposed to drive around. The rest of them just don't care and will continue to cut in.

Most people don't understand the concept of traffic flow that if there is a line of cars it's best if everyone lines up along the outer road. I'm sure the Martz bus drivers don't like trying to make those tight turns with all the "line cutter" cars waiting also.

If I have to walk the line looking for cars, I try to look for the ones waiting in the correct line first, and avoid the cutters.
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 1:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by mpatoka

Are there any signs that tell drivers where they are supposed to line up? The only sign I see is if you take the "correct" way and the small sign points you to take a left into the pickup lane. I'm sure there are a lot of drivers that just don't know they are supposed to drive around. The rest of them just don't care and will continue to cut in.

Most people don't understand the concept of traffic flow that if there is a line of cars it's best if everyone lines up along the outer road. I'm sure the Martz bus drivers don't like trying to make those tight turns with all the "line cutter" cars waiting also.

If I have to walk the line looking for cars, I try to look for the ones waiting in the correct line first, and avoid the cutters.

If you are pulling up the "wrong way" it isn't hard to see that there are already 10 cars in line the other way, and you are obviously cutting in line that way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic