Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Imperious SUV Driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Baby Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Imperious SUV Driver
    Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 10:47am
This was the most terrifying slug ride I have ever experienced. I have spent most life travel and working in almost every “state of the union” but this ride was the most interesting to yet. I drove my car to the Potomac Mills slug line, which is routine for me. I awaited my turn in line for the next driver to call L’Efant Plaza. I entered the SUV with a man and another male who appeared to be his son. I gave my usual morning greetings buckled-up and the man drove off. Classical music was playing on the radio and the car was especially neat. I figured to myself this is going to be a nice ride into DC. Things were definitely looking-up since I “FINALLY” got a nice parking space at the commuter lot.

The ride was progressing along quite smoothly until we hit the HOV on-ramp toward DC. The SUV increased its speed from 40-80 mph in what seemed to be a matter of seconds. I thought to myself okay he really needs to get to DC quickly. Then we hit traffic in the HOV lanes and this man turned from Mr. Hyde to Dr. Jekyll. He switched from lane to lane flashing his high-beams and riding the tales driver who were not driving at “HIS” rate of speed. All of this happened before we even got near the mixing-bowl. I started saying “every” prayer in “every” religion I could think of. Then I thought, “Damn, I am in a Toyota SUV!!!!”

The ride did not get any better once we got closer to DC. The traffic got thicker and his manic-driving was just that- MANIC!!!! He cut-off the Lexus driving in the right lane to gain ground and momentum only to be stopped by the cars merging into the right lane. Then he gave a “man-up man check” to his son who looked at him with appreciation. The Lexus got into the left lane and proceeded to go on their way. Again both lanes were stopped by traffic. My slug driver actually glared at the Lexus. The Lexus driver noticed his intimidation tactics, hopped in front of him and drove off. His only revulsion was to flash his high-beams. REALLY DUDE!!!!!!

We finally reached L’Efant Plaza. I bolted out the car like Maurice Green going for the “GOLD”. I am not even sure I said goodbye. I was so happy to be on solid ground. I sat on a park bench to gain some composure before going into the office. In all my years of driving in L.A. and N.Y., I have never……….[B)]

The Baby Slugger

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic