Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resolution for the Springfield Plaza Issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thismyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resolution for the Springfield Plaza Issue?
    Posted: 06 Apr 2009 at 5:23pm
It has been long waits after the decrease of commuter parking space in Springfield Plaza. A few mornings, I got to the Bob’s slugger line around 8:15am and ended up waited until 9am, then anther morning I got there at 7:45am and still waited 45 min. I tryied to be a rider, but couldn't find any parking at Springfield Plaza or the Church. These days I just give up slugging and simply wait until 9am to get onto the HOV by myself. However, this is my the prefer way as it is causing an hour from my morning.

I see many conversations about resolving this problem, but can’t figure out what was the final outcome.

Is there a slug line on Backlick North Park and Ride(6831 Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22150) since there are 279 parking space there? However, the talk of a Springfield Mall line?
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 9:01am
Because the drivers wouldn't take the riders back to Springfield Mall in the evening (they were dropping them off at Springfield Plaza), the riders stopped going to the mall to catch rides.

When the Backlick lot first opened, flyers were placed on the cars at Springfield Plaza trying to get a slug line started at the Backlick lot. Because riders weren't sure they would get a ride back to it in the evening, a slug line never got started.

Same thing for the Gambrills lot. Sad the county spent all that money to build those lots and they sit empty.
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 9:22am
The County was told when they built the Backlick lot that it wouldn't work becuase it was out of the way and not on a major commuting path. However, Gerry Connolly had his board flush with cash and felt like spending it all, which is why we are left with such big deficits.

We need to continue to push the county to help us find solutions and more parking spots. Their failure to find additional parking solutions to replace those the county lost are the reason we elect these folks. The Chair of hte County Board needs to personally focus on this problem and find us additional parking.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic