Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Move Springfield Plaza to the Mall or Backlick Roa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Move Springfield Plaza to the Mall or Backlick Roa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thekazem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Move Springfield Plaza to the Mall or Backlick Roa
    Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 5:42pm

If the owners of Springfield Plaza don't want our revenue from shopping in their stores daily, then we should oblige. I know they don't like the "illegal" parking by CVS and Giant, but how much money do the stores make from people parking there?

According to the Fairfax County website their are 580 spots at Springfield Mall, and 279 at Backlick North (http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fcdot/parkride.htm ). A lot of people park at Springfield and walk over to the Metro (I've done it a few times myself), but it may work for slugging as well. Both spots require some level of organization to get started. And Springfield is a covered lot.

Let them close Springfield Plaza. Just give us a few weeks to organize and setup lines at Springfield Mall or Backlick.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 2:19pm
A few years ago, some people tried to start a slug line at Sprinfield Mall. It failed because drivers weren't willing to take riders back to the Mall. They dropped them off at Bob's. Commuters had to either take a cab, a Fairfax Connector Bus, or take the Metro to Springfield Mall to get back to their cars. Slug line dissolved very quickly.

Springfield Mall has crime (female shopper abducted from the parking lot during the day and lost her life). I would be surprised if any female slugs would be willing to park their cars at Springfield Mall all day.

If we ultimately get kicked out of Springfield Plaza, I would vote for the Gambrills lt (but still does not have enough spaces to accommodate all of the commuters who currently park at Springfield Plaza, American Legion, the church, etc.)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic