Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon in the Evenings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon in the Evenings
    Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 12:58pm
Comment in another thread got me thinking -

When I do drive, I only get slugs in the mornings. I'm on a "compressed" workweek and don't leave until 6. Therefore, I don't go by the pentagon to pick up slugs since I assume none are there. But if I did somehow know slugs were still waiting, I wouldn't have a problem swinging by.

Anybody else in my situation? Would it be a bad thing if the slugging community made a pact to go until after 6 - say 6:30 or so?

Thoughts please.... [;)]

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 2:54pm
Its been a long time since I've caught a ride at the Pentagon but from what I heard, after 6 pm people walk to a street near the Pentagon City metro/HOV ramp and hold up signs looking for rides. I'm sure they would be willing to wait at the Pentagon until 6:30 if they know drivers will pick up there.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 7:35am
There have been several reports over the years on this b'board about drivers picking up slugs as late as 8:00 PM at the Pentagon South Parking location Jody mentions.
It's a very nice act of kindness for drivers to swing by there to help any slugs who may be stranded.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 7:42am
Yes, there usually are slugs in need of an "angel" or "mercy" ride after 6pm. They stand on the sidewalk between Fern St and the HOV on-ramp holding their destination signs. It's hit or miss if there will be any at any given time. I've been picked up as late as 7:30 pm as I couldn't make it before the last Martz bus left.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 9:05am

I picked a slug up in the location you all have spoken of on my way home from the airport on two occasions, both after 6. It happens. I wouldn't bank on it being a daily occurrence though.

Slug'n till 2013 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
jadams08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 3:22pm
I too when working late will swing by the pentagon to check and see if anyone is in need of a ride. On several occasions I have picked up slugs as late as 7 or 8. Usually pilots coming in from a late flight into the pentagon.
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 6:23pm
quote:
Originally posted by jadams08

I too when working late will swing by the pentagon to check and see if anyone is in need of a ride. On several occasions I have picked up slugs as late as 7 or 8. Usually pilots coming in from a late flight into the pentagon.

Huh? Where might they be landing (and parking the aircraft)? Perhaps, someone in a flight suit working late on a project or a budget, but I highly doubt a late "flight into the Pentagon." Maybe they were making a joke?

Don't misunderstand me, picking them up is a good thing...please continue [8D]

I've picked up as late as near 9pm in the South Parking lot, near the on-ramp. I felt bad for the guy with the 610 sign in his hands. He was working on the budget during the POM--anyone who's done this understands pain.
Deanwvu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanwvu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 9:16pm
There is a helicopter pad at the Pentagon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic