Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rude slugs? Or am I a rude driver?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 4:18pm
Please explain to me exactly how I'm hostile and why exactly another person's rudeness means I should rule out a particular commuting option?

Hey, I could be sensitive, but I am a free ride, and a better alternative to driving yourself or walking to work. If people would get into my car and STFU unless I initiate conversation- as dedicated by longstanding slugging etiquette - then I might not have made that post. Again, I'm not sure when 2 posts in as many weeks becomes the definition of a consistent pattern.

I did pick up two very nice slugs this AM though; I'm wondering if Route 3 is just a less snotty crowd overall than 17. [:D]

work in Chinatown, live on Rte 3. Looking for 17 to L'Enfant ride.
serenitynow View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serenitynow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 2:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by toomuchcoffeelady

Please explain to me exactly how I'm hostile and why exactly another person's rudeness means I should rule out a particular commuting option?

Hey, I could be sensitive, but I am a free ride, and a better alternative to driving yourself or walking to work. If people would get into my car and STFU unless I initiate conversation- as dedicated by longstanding slugging etiquette - then I might not have made that post. Again, I'm not sure when 2 posts in as many weeks becomes the definition of a consistent pattern.

I did pick up two very nice slugs this AM though; I'm wondering if Route 3 is just a less snotty crowd overall than 17. [:D]

Great! Glad to hear you found the good slugs. No doubt you are correct and Rt. 3 is a much better crowd. Oh... I notice that your signature indicates you originate at Rt. 3. LOL. imagine that.. Can you define "free" ride? No money, correct, but "STFU" is your philosophy? Guess it is all about perception and mine is that folks riding with you definitely pay a price, especially the ones that dare to speak. I have ridden with rude drivers and picked up rude slugs, it goes both ways - people are people, period.

btw - I did not say YOU were hostile, nor did I make mention of how often you post a comment, clearly you interpret comments as you wish. But come on, only 2 posts? OMiGosh someone has stolen your signature and is using it to post comments [:0] hmmmm probably one of those ungrateful, rude, freeloading, offensive slugs, eh? [:D]

Anyway, I really am glad you found riders that are more like you.
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:17pm
quote:
Originally posted by serenitynow

Guess it is all about perception and mine is that folks riding with you definitely pay a price, especially the ones that dare to speak.

Dare to speak? "slugging etiquette" clearly states the rules on that.

OMG! You are so right. Now I see the error of my ways. What a horrible person I am for not having a late model luxury car, detailed daily, that can fly over traffic to get late risers a leg up; in which I am delighted to hear the whimsical musings of Mein Kampf and the Christian Right recited in my backseat. I have not devoted my life to the glory and the comfort of the precious slugs. oh the humanity! MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL!!!!!!!

[;)]
757slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:45pm
SLUGGERS, as you can see toomuchcoffelady[}:)] needs to cut down her intake or switch to decaf. If you have that much of a problem with sluggers, do everyone a favor and go to the right side of the interstate , bypass HOV-3 and be in traffic onyour way to work ALONE.

Good evening
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by 757slugger

SLUGGERS, as you can see toomuchcoffelady[}:)] needs to cut down her intake or switch to decaf. If you have that much of a problem with sluggers, do everyone a favor and go to the right side of the interstate , bypass HOV-3 and be in traffic onyour way to work ALONE.

Good evening

I never said I had a problem with sluggers. I did say I have a problem with assholes with entitlement issues. I never said that the former is always categorically the latter.

And, if I did take your suggestion, people would be posting on here bitching about fewer drivers! I can't please everyone, so I just focus on me. And, provided you treat me with basic decency, I'm not really all that hard to please.
Oxi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 10:08am
quote:

quote:

Good evening

I never said I had a problem with sluggers. I did say I have a problem with assholes with entitlement issues. I never said that the former is always categorically the latter.

And, if I did take your suggestion, people would be posting on here bitching about fewer drivers! I can't please everyone, so I just focus on me. And, provided you treat me with basic decency, I'm not really all that hard to please.

What I think you need to do, is to watch your language. And then maybe people would not suggest that you need to cutdown your coffee intake. Have a good day.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 2:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by Oxi

quote:

quote:

Good evening

What I think you need to do, is to watch your language. And then maybe people would not suggest that you need to cutdown your coffee intake. Have a good day.

'Twas the sarcasm that set off 757, not the language. Which is ironic, as caffeine is a natural antidepressant. Have a great day yourself! :)

ONLYISLANDLADY View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONLYISLANDLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 1:07pm
I agree with 757slugger and suggest switching to decaf.
dfesta View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 4:11pm
I pick up at both Rt 17 and Rt 3 (Gordon Rd). Sorry to say this but Rt 17 is a rude group overall. When they come over to your car and you give your destination they just keep walking if it is not where they would like to go. Never do they say "no thank-you" .....very rude slugs. Gordon Road is a good group of people.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 2:03pm
quote:
Originally posted by dfesta

I pick up at both Rt 17 and Rt 3 (Gordon Rd). Sorry to say this but Rt 17 is a rude group overall. When they come over to your car and you give your destination they just keep walking if it is not where they would like to go. Never do they say "no thank-you" .....very rude slugs. Gordon Road is a good group of people.

*high fives Dfesta*

I like you, you validate me. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic