Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heat Wave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2004 at 1:48pm
Layering is your friend. I have a long wool coat that I usually open before I get into a car in the winter. It helps. :)
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2004 at 4:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]Being a Sponge, it's the cold that gets to me. Sometimes you will jump in a car when it's 50 degrees outside and the driver will have the AC on. That's always pleasant. Nothing like a blast of super-dry cold air on your sinuses in January!

OK. Enough whining everyone. Back to work.

We are Slugs. We can Shut Up and Take It.

Spongebob....You're a genius... We are slugs, and should shut up and take it. Everyone has different temperature zones in which they feel comfortable. For crying out loud, we are getting a free ride, what do you expect a climate controlled limo with plush recliners to whisk you away to work every morning?
rusty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2004 at 11:39am
As a driver, I too would prefer for a slug to speak up. I usually keep the car warmer for the slugs who have been standing out in the cold. Please let us know. A small adjustment is not rude.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2004 at 3:55pm
I have a dual climate control and am happy to adjust the passenger-side temperature (not the driver's side, of course), but only if asked, because I have no way of knowing what temperature people like. I tend to err on the side of keeping the car colder than most people like just because it's what I prefer (I seldom turn the heat in my house above 66 degrees F during the winter)--plus, I've always looked at it that you can always wear warmer clothes, but you can only take off so much before you have a problem!

I know the general rule is that slugs don't talk. There is no easy answer to this one.
annsyp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annsyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2004 at 4:32pm
Each time people get into my car, I ask them to tell me if they get too warm or too cold. I want people to be comfortable in my car! I appreciate their availability as much as I'm sure they appreciate my being willing to drive (and my company being willing to pay for my parking!!).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic