Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV traffic this morning?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV traffic this morning?
    Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 9:34am
Anybody know what was going on this morning on the 95/395 HOV lanes? Traffic was backed up all the way from Springfield to the 14th Street bridge.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 12:20pm
I just talked to a coworker who told me that the Memorial Bridge was closed this morning because of an accident. Maybe that contributed to the backup.
jjmahoney View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjmahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 1:25pm
Independence was closed for most of the morning on some highly traveled sections (right off the Memorial Bridge by the tidal basin). So all traffic that comes off the Memorial Bridge and normally turns right to go to Independence, had to go left towards 23rd and Constitution. When they had finally opened Independence, there was an accident near the bridge (it was all cleared by the time I got there though). Took me 2.5 hours to get to work (2 hours just to get my slugs to their drop off points). Days like this make me wish I worked from home. Crawling from Springfield to 18th Street was not my idea of a good morning. At least I had plenty of sleep this weekend and wasn't already cranky from being tired.

"If tricycles came with guns, we'd all be safe." Project 86 - "Little Green Men"
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 3:00pm
Earlier this morning it wasn't backed up.. There was only congestion due to volume before the beltway, and then again from Duke to Glebe. After Glebe Rd, it looked normal to me.
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 3:21pm
This morning was awful. I was an hour late due to HOV back ups and standing water on 110, and near the Memorial Bridge. Getting past the Pentagon was a crawl!!!!!

Hoping its better on the way home. :)
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2003 at 9:51am
Traffic backed up again on HOV this morning.

Plenty of extra capacity on HOV, huh?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic