Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carry-on baggage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carry-on baggage
    Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 11:41am
I don't know if this has ever been discussed before or not, but I just read another topic that was discussing something similar, http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1570. I wanted to start a new topic for discussion regarding the number of bags, briefcases, etc. that some riders take with them while slugging.

First, let me say that I'm usually a rider, I rarely drive. As a result, I have spent my fair share of time in line. What I have witnessed lately is that riders are increasingly taking more and more stuff with them as they commute. I don't think it's really a problem yet, but just the other day I saw a woman with 3 medium sized bags get into a car. It took her a couple of minutes to get situated and she actually help up the line a bit. I'm not complaining, but if everyone did that, then the lines would move much slower. In addition, I think there's an increased risk that a drivers car could be damaged, as riders are usually in a hurry to get into and out of the vehicle.

I guess the bottom line that riders need to practice a little courtesy and not bring a bunch of stuff with them when slugging.

Anyone else?
Brake4Slugs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brake4Slugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2004 at 2:01pm
I have seen an increase in carry-on bags for riders. Makes me feel like an airport shuttle. [;)] Luckily I have a large SUV, but it does take more time for everyone to get situated when someone has a rolling bag, computer, lunch sack, umbrella and purse. One guy even brought his scooter!!

Brake for Slugs

~I'd enjoy the day more, if it started later~
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 10:37am
Personally, I would prefer if slugs kept what they carry to a minimum - PLEASE! Especially those rolling bags that some slugs just fling onto your seat with little regard to the driver's seats.

Dina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic